ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Let us never forget our beloved founder - RIP Jurrie, we all miss you very much

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RANDALL JAGUAR SPEAKERS???  (Read 12539 times)

RandallRG

RANDALL JAGUAR SPEAKERS???
« on: Time Format »

Hey guys hows it going? I was just wondering since I am a True 80's M-E-T-A-L "Die Hard Solid State" Player & I LOVE my Randall RG100ES Heads/Cabs (Thanks Dime R.I.P. Buddy \m/) I was wondering if any of you Own one or have ever played through any Randall 4x12 Jaguar RES-80 equipped Cabs before? Me personally I really like these Jags they have some nice Low End "Thump" good "Mids/Highs"....all around they are some really good Speakers! I believe Eminence made them for Don back in the day? If any of you have it would be cool to hear your opinion on them. Anyway let me know...Thanks & Take It Easy...Steve \m/

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
Re: RANDALL JAGUAR SPEAKERS???
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Hey Steve, never tried them out, I've been an ADA diehard for many many years now and before that I used my 1972 Marshall 50.  I used to run into a 2 x 12 open back cab that had Fender Twin speakers in it (I believe they were Eminence but quite different no doubt).  Worked well with both the Marshall and early ADA MP1 rig.  While I can come at using a clean/transparent transistor power amp, I still prefer valve pre-amps.
Hey, but each to their own  :thumb-up:
Cheers Richard
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

I have used Randal Jag speakers.  I just sold my 4x12" the other week Randall RG.

I really liked that cab though.  I just sold it as I was getting different cabs that were more in favour of my amp setup.

The only thing I would say about the Jags was that they cold be quite fizzy with certain gear and you'd probably have to work that out of the sound via EQ, but the was good clarity and detail and the bottom end was tight as tight can be, good response.

I had the RX4x12.  Slightly more compact 4x12" which made it even nicer as it was easy to get into car's etc.
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

RobbHell

« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

The Jags were used back in the day. But not really that great they fart pretty bad.  Your Randall Head will love aMarshall/Soldano/Vht/Mesa cab. The Randall Cabs are very limited on over all volume and punch. Dime can be seen very many times rocking Marshall cabs along with the Randall 2x15. Vader Cabs nothing around offered some extremely solid 2x15 with Eminence that just Crush as well as the 4x10s and 4x12s. Eminence have sear power and move a lot of air. But the Celestions have that highend backup we all grew up too.

Even Randalls highend cabs are basically a Marshall loaded with either Gt75s or V30s.

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

Funny mine never farted or sounded bad at all.  I'd buy em again if I'm honest.  Wonder what RandallRG thinks.
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

Good question haven't heard from him in a while, hey Steve ?  what's happening my METAL friends ?
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few
Pages: [1]   Go Up