Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Hello from Chicagoland

(1/3) > >>

mjfan123:
Hello everyone, I"m a beginner level guitar player, from Lincolnwood, IL.

My current setup is Helix Native, as it allows me to keep the volume down. It sounds good, but I also wanted something analog and tube based to plug into.

I had no idea what the MP-1 was until last week. Someone nearby was selling one for $75! The price was so cheap that I was going to take a gamble and buy it. Unfortunately someone else had contacted the seller before me and grabbed it.

I started to research farther and realized that a lot of people love these things and rate them highly.

I then went on Ebay and purchased one for $250, not a bad deal ($75 would have been better, lol).

The unit is in pretty good shape considering it's 30 years old. Only has the usual rack rash.

I'm plugging the line out into my audio interface and it's working great. I'll probably keep this thing until it burns out.

I look forward to being part of this great community.

Thanks

Soloist:
Welcome aboard fellow mid-westerner! :metal:

Dante:
WELCOME! Well, you stumbled onto some greatness there, man. Well done  :thumb-up:

rnolan:
Hey mjfan123, welcome to the depot  :thumb-up: :wave: , (I'm plugging the line out into my audio interface and it's working great. I'll probably keep this thing until it burns out.)Fantastic to hear  :whoohoo!: and idea though, try using a stereo 1/4" jack out of the headphone out into your interface (careful with levels, the HP out is a very hot signal). If you are using full range speakers (ie not guitar cabs with 12" speakers) it will sound a little better as the HP out has the top end reduced a little (like a cab simulator does) as MP1 main outs are designed for poweramp > 2 x 12/4 x 12 cabs (it was always a stage unit).

MarshallJMP:
Hi and ... welcome   ;D :thumb-up:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version