Non ADA Gear > Effects

Radial Tonebone Hot British

<< < (6/6)

rnolan:
Hey RG, looks pretty cool. I wonder how it compares to the ADA MP1ch, a similar unit in many ways.  Trouble is, you really have to hear/try them and they're not cheap.

rabidgerry:
Oh without doubt they are more expensive.  The blaskstar new is over double the amount I paid for it.  The price of ADA MP1 channel is way more,  it's like 4 times.  That unit would have been an option but not common enough in the UK for the price to be cheap enough for me to afford it.  Lets see how I get on with the Blaskstar.  I nearly bought the dual which is a clean/crunch + distortion channel version but I wanted to make sure I had enough distortion on tap so went for the Distx model.  Although I hear these blackstars take boosts in front well go extra distortion can be found.  Hopefully I will only use about half of that the Distx provides.

rabidgerry:
Well the blackstar is great.  Very very dark sounding in my direct recording setup but I can EQ that.  Very creamey and songey feeling.  It reminds me a lot of how my rocktron velocity amp suddenly made my live rig sound and feel when I first got it.  Spongey and everything was easy to play.  I find the distortion nowhere near as aggressive as all the videos I have watched online using the pedal which is strange.  It must be how I eq things as it sounds or my setup or something because it just sounds super smooth to me and non abrasive.  I like that about 2 oclock on the drive was the spot for me, sometimes I'd drop it back, sometimes I'd dial a bit more in, but never at the full amount.  Full amount still kinda usuable but thankfully I'm smart enough to know I don't need extra noise  :thumb-up:  Good pedal, hopefully I can sort the darkness out when I integrate into my live flight rig!  I wonder what it will sound like with an OD in front?   :???:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version