Let's Get Technical > Troubleshooting Problems

Help with MC-1

<< < (2/3) > >>

MarshallJMP:
I would put the mp-1 parallel with the MB-1, this way you still have the low end of the bass and the mids/ highs from the mp-1 (with distortion).Maybe use a small rack mixer for this?

So both MP-1 and MB-1 are switching with the tech 21?

rnolan:
I agree with MJMP, run the units in parallel if you can. but you could try the MP-1 in the MB-1 loop (you'd loose stereo of MP-1 though) or the MB-1 in the MP-1 loop (and keep stereo  :thumb-up: ),an interesting option though.

Wimbish:
In parallel!? You mean the MB1 in one amp, and the MP1 into a second amp?
That sounds awesome.

I will try both versions: send/return and that stereo version.

My plan was to have just one sound with the MB1 (one of the Ampeg-presets) and vary the sounds with the MP1 (increasing mids for tapping, adding Primus-like distortion...)

rnolan:
There's a few ways you could patch it:
-Simple - Mp-1 in MB-1 loop, MB-1 send 1 > MP-1, MP-1 A > MB-1 Return 1 MP-1 B > MB-1 return 2.
- Better  :dunno: but you loose half the MP-1 signal ie chan B) - MP-1 in MB-1 loop, MB-1 send 1 > MP-1, MP-1 A > MB-1 Return 1, MB-1 send 2 (use short patch lead) > MB-1 return 2 (this maintains the MB-1 signal and lets you mix in the MP-1 on send 1 IIRC this is the way Peter uses his to get a parallel loop as both MB-1 loops are series (device is "inserted" into the signal path)
- Best - User a small mixer Split the bass signal between MP-1 and MB-1 (Y lead or a/b a+b box), MB-1 > mixer chan 1, MP-1 A/B > mixer chan 2 & 3 (panned hard L and R), mixer L/R > stereo power amp  > 2 x cabs (this is the way I ran it with my MP-2 and I used the mixer send returns for Fx unit(s) and blended it all together, also my Alembic uses a stereo jack out so neck PU goes to L chan, bridge PU to R chan; I made a stereo jack to L/R mono jacks lead, neck PU (L) into MB-1 bridge PU R into MP-2, added a little stereo rev and delay with the mixer Fx send/returns, also I used the MP-2 cab sim outs as I ran it into Messa P112 cabs which have a tweeter)

Wimbish:
Wow, this gives me a lot of options for my next rehearsal.
Thank you  :thumb-up:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version