ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Temp "Time Format" issue Fix in Discussions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MP-1 in Stereo w/Roland GP-8  (Read 3925 times)

VoxG2

MP-1 in Stereo w/Roland GP-8
« on: Time Format »

Hello All, Here is a pic of the back of the GP-8. I am running stereo into a B200s, into a stereo 4x12. Right now, I am going into the ADA, out of the ADA left and right, into the INPUTs of the Roland GP-8, and out of the GP-8 OUTPUTs into the B200s, left and right. Sounds great, but one of the GP-8 inputs is in the front of the rack. Here is a pic of the back. Any other way to run stereo so I don't have to run that cable to the front? I was thinking two stereo cables going from FX Loop to FX loop may do the trick, but not sure. Thanks

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
Re: MP-1 in Stereo w/Roland GP-8
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Hey VoxG2, short answer is the GP-8 is a mono in - stereo out device and you need a stereo in/out Fx unit to do what you want.  The GP-8 may have front and rear inputs, but either one will turn off the other (most likely) or, using both inputs, the ADA A & B signals will get mixed together in the GP-8 back to mono (highly unlikely).  If you like your current sound (as you say you do), just loose the front input (I suspect it will make no difference, the GP-8 isn't a stereo input device).
To run properly in stereo (both MP1 and GP-8) you need a mixer, eg MP1 A/B ch 1&2 (panned L/R); Fx send1 (or feed it from the MP1 Fx loop send) to GP-8 in (front or back?), GP-8 out A/B ch 3&4 (dry/Fx Mix set 100% on GP-8).

So currently, what you have is one channel of the MP1 going into the GP-8 (I know you plug in MP1 A&B to the GP-8 front and back but one will cancel/turn off the other, and then, the GP-8 going stereo into the B200s, so, in the end, what you miss is the MP1 stereo chorus section.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

VoxG2

« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Ahhhhh...thank you again!! I thought the ADA sounded a little weird running it like that. I'm just gonna pull it and run MP-1 goodness right into the power amp.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

You could put the GP-8 in the MP1 loop, it will be mono so take the GP-8 left (mono) ch out > back to MP1 return and adjust the MP1 Fx knob and the GP-8 input and output so there is no volume difference with the loop switched in or out

VoxG2

« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

That sounds like a great idea. I may also wet/dry it by running into only one side.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

Try both, my guess is it will sound best in the loop  :thumb-up:

VoxG2

« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

Ok...I'll try it in the loop! :-P
Pages: [1]   Go Up