ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note "Depot New Registrations Temporarily Suspended" Please see discussions for how to register.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Eddie Van Halen sound w. 3TM MP-1?  (Read 3658 times)

kips1963

Eddie Van Halen sound w. 3TM MP-1?
« on: Time Format »

Hi there,

I'm on the verge of starting to use my 3TM modded MP-1 live. If only I could get my FCB1010 to communicate properly with my MP-1...! :dunno:
Anyway, in the meantime I started to write my own presets.
Is there anybody w. a 3TM that has a preset for a convincing EvH sound (a la 'Beat It')?

Thanks a lot!

JOOST

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
Re: Eddie Van Halen sound w. 3TM MP-1?
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Hey Joost, there's a few members who have 3TMs who hopefully can help you with the tone.  MikeB seems to be our resident expert on the FCB.  It shouldn't be to difficult as all you are doing is patch changes. Do you use the PC program to program it ? Mike said that makes it pretty easy  :dunno: .  I do know that you can run the buttons in stomp mode (ie switch on/off various Fx in say a GMaj2) or patch mode.  Mike has recently gone back to patch mode IIRC.  Apparently the FCB is very flexible with what you can do with it, so first step is work out exactly what you want to do.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Griphook

• Less is more? More is more!
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Heyho,

I can't help with the EvH-Sound, but maybe I can give you some input with the FCB.
Are your channel settings ok, so Same channel on each device? IIRC the MP-1 does not like the FCBs OMNI-Setting

I highly recommend buying the FCB-UnO-Chip with the FCB-UnO- Control Center. This makes it a lot easier and versatile. Otherwise there are some Tools which work with the Standard FCB-EProm too.

So just tell us, what you want to achieve with the FCB  :thumb-up:

kips1963

« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Thanx a lot for the MIDI help offers!  :bow:

I just came back from a friend of mine who has a few more brain cells than me, and we got the FCB1010 board to communicate with the ADA *and* my Quadraverb at the same time!  :green-banana-smiley-emoticon:
I now press 1 on the FCB1010 and the ADA goes to patch 2!  :o Then I press 2 on the FCB1010 and the ADA remains in preset 2!  :???: :???: Pressing 3 brings it to preset 3, 4 triggers preset 4 etc. All the time, the Quadraverb remains in preset 1 (just delay) and I am able to controll the amount of delay from 0 to maximum effect with my 'volume' pedal.  :thumb-up: Neat or what??

I run the ADA and the Quadraverb through the power section of an Engl 2x35 Watt Rackhead, all mounted in a flightcase. What surprised me unpleasantly is how f*ckin heavy the rack has become! I can barely carry it a 100 meters or so.... We need wheels or something!

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

Hey Joost, yeah the rack can get heavy  :facepalm: , my 8 RU SKB rack (MP-2, Quadverb, Midiverb4, MB-1, Carvin DCM200L, Yamaha AM802 mixer) still weighs more than I'd like, though is now lighter without my B200s in it, one way t solve it is to put the poweramps in their own rack  :dunno: .
A point to remember, MP-1 goes from 001 to 128, QV goes from 000 to 127, so patch 001 sent to MP-1 (should) = MP-1 001, same patch (001) sent to QV = QV 000. So MP-1 patch 001 = QV patch 000 etc eg MP-1 patch 20 = QV patch 19, you need to keep this in mind (depending how you set up your midi). Remember you can change the midi mapping on both the MP-1 and QV, so they go to whatever internal patch you want when they receive a midi patch change number from the FCB.  Egsay the FCB sends out patch change 45 you can have the MP-1 go to say patch 100 and the QV to 000, so int the MP-1 you map 45 to = 100, (but) in the QV you'd have to map 44 to = 000 (due to the way they number their patches).
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few
Pages: [1]   Go Up