Non ADA Gear > Rack Gear

Hafler T2 - Anyone heard of this or had any experience??

<< < (2/10) > >>

rabidgerry:
 Exactly Kim, so we shall see.  I heard some clips (all three of em) on youtube.  They're poor quality but one give me a kinda idea of the high gain sound.  There is a secret boost apparently in the drive knob, like the Rockmasters, pull it for that extra layer (like adding a pedal in front).  Who know's what this thing will sound like.  I like the simplistic nature of it and as I say nice to have another unit and may be even something unique tonally about...................and if anything just another backup unit  :thumb-up:

:lol: I laughed out loud for real at
--- Quote from: Kim on February 08, 2017, 03:01:10 PM ---Now, I recommend you send me that crappy Peavey Rockmaster you have hanging about as soon as possible...    ;)

--- End quote ---

Uh Rockmaster? I aint got no Peavey crap in my house  :lol:

Ok I lied Which one man?  I own two  :facepalm:.  I've modded the one I use in my home studio and I plan to try a few more little cap tweaks as well.  Recording with it currently.  Love those pre's.

rnolan:
Ahh a secret boost  >:D , sounds like a fun gadget to roll a few tubes through  :whoohoo!: , is the loop parallel ?

rabidgerry:
Ok so it has arrived!!  It's sitting beside me in work!!  Looking forward to tryng it.

I need to get some tubes RN, I just hate the dam price of the things!  I have some spare to experiment with in the mean time.

rnolan:
Hey RG, The Mullard LPs are costing me $30 AUD (used to be $22 AUD but then the dollar dropped  :facepalm: ) so not a fortune, but not trivial either.  IIRC you still have some of the original chinese bottles, they would do ok I recon (though I'd go the MLPs  >:D , no surprise there LoL).  Hey this gadget may be great  :dunno: , you can eq elsewhere if you need to e.g. in Fx unit), and/or put the rockman in it's loop  :whoohoo!:

rabidgerry:
Well I hope so Richard.  Fingers crossed eh!

If the initial bed tone is good and I find the EQ is too limiting hell yeah use another EQ like my Rockman intrument EQ to carve it to perfection.  If it stinks, well sure back on ebay it goes.  Yeah I have the Chinese bottles still in my regular mp1.  They still sound good to me. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version