• Welcome to ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear.

News:

Lets get Technical > All Things Tube All about preamp and power amp Tubes.

Main Menu

Does the MP-1 Chorus do Flange?

Started by VoxG2, January 31, 2017, 12:35:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rnolan

Hey Max, like you I just use some short delay and reverb to taste. I haven't used a phaser in years... These are all time based Fxs (flange, chorus, delay, reverb...) it's good to understand the parameters and what they do though (eg flange delay is very short (10ms) chorus a little longer ~30 - 40 ms) etc. And as MJP said flangers typically incorporate feedback (but not the original accidental tape flange LoL).
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

MarshallJMP

I just calculated the delay times if someone is interested.It can sweep from 1.7ms to 34.2ms.

rnolan

Cool MJMP  :thumb-up: , I'm interested. So a flanger will modulate that sweep and also modulate the pitch. I suspect this works differently in bucket brigade (ala analogue MP-1 chorus) to digital implementations  :dunno: .
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

MarshallJMP

Well you have 2 digital implementations, the 80's way with RAM memory and 1 bit ADC's and the newer DSP based effects.I prefer the old fashion way with RAM memory, these also have an analog dry path.

VoxG2

Ahhhh yes...like the Roland GP-8. The chorus is digital, but great!

MarshallJMP

Yep the GP-8 works that way.But a lot of the effects are analog except for the delay and chorus.

Iperfungus

Quote from: MarshallJMP on February 07, 2017, 12:09:54 PM
Yep the GP-8 works that way.But a lot of the effects are analog except for the delay and chorus.

Boss pedals circuits...  :banana-dance:
On the run again!

VoxG2