ADA Power Amps > B200s

New ADA B200s came home!

<< < (2/4) > >>

Iperfungus:

--- Quote from: rnolan on January 30, 2017, 04:08:14 AM --- :whoohoo!: Do you have any other speakers you can plug it into in the mean time  :dunno: >:D . There's posts elsewhere here re the B200 output, you can be safe with 4, 8 or 16 ohm loads.  IIRC it delivers ~ 120w p/c into 4, ~80w p/c into 8 and 55ish into 16 so just be careful with the vol knobs LoL...

--- End quote ---

Unfortunately I don't have any other speaker here...  :dunno:
Just my Rivera Pubster combo and its 10'' speaker...but I would not connect the B200s to such a small speaker from a 25W amp...  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dante:
I found a CRATE Powerblock near me for $120. The very next day, somebody bought my Boss GT-8 for $120

It was like getting a free amp  :thumb-up:

BTW: The powerblock is awesome with the ADA.

Iperfungus:

--- Quote from: Dante on January 30, 2017, 09:27:21 PM ---I found a CRATE Powerblock near me for $120. The very next day, somebody bought my Boss GT-8 for $120

It was like getting a free amp  :thumb-up:

BTW: The powerblock is awesome with the ADA.

--- End quote ---

I saw it in your backup rig!  :thumb-up:

Iperfungus:
Hi guys!

After a while, I'm back!  :thumb-up:

I'm back...but my B200s died.  :facepalm:
Some days ago, while powering it off (with both volumes to 0), I heard a BUMP! noise from the speaker and something on the B channel is gone (probably a transistor...or something close...).

I've no time to attempt to repair it and there's none close to me who could do the job.
Furthermore, the job itself wouldn't have a reasonable price...since I paid 100 euro for the B200s.

I decided to sell it as an item to be repaired and an italian guy contacted me already.
We'll see.
I hope he will sign to the Depot as well.

In the meanwhile, I bought from a friend a full tube made in Italy stereo power amp: 60 + 60 watts of stereo tube power (4xEL34, 3x12AX7).
It's an Advance Tube Technologies TA '70 and it's a shame that people outside Italy wouldn't get one...

Harley Hexxe:
Yeah Max, they make some nice gear in Italy, MezzaBarba is a hot amp, no doubt.

I keep my eyes open for B200S, and T100S, as soon as I see one, I'm on it!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version