ADA Power Amps > B200s

New ADA B200s came home!

(1/4) > >>

Iperfungus:
Yes guys...the warmest power amp on this planet is in da house!  :bow:

Just a quick question for tech experts...
I do not have my 2x12 cabinet yet...is it safe to turn on the B200s just to see if it powers up even if no load is connected to its outputs?
On the manual it is reported that the unit should automatically shut down channel/channels if nothing is connected and dummy load is not needed, but just to be sure I don't make it explode immediately!  :banana-skipping-rope-smiley-e

Thanks!  :bow:

Iperfungus:
Ok, after a quick consultation with the Mighty MJMP, I turned it on: it lights up friendly!  :banana:

Now I just need the 2x12 cab...  :wave:

Dante:
Awesome!!

Yer gonna love that amp. I keep looking around for one - nada. I did find a Mosvalve 962 for $120 that I might jump on...

Iperfungus:

--- Quote from: Dante on January 28, 2017, 07:11:55 PM ---Awesome!!

Yer gonna love that amp. I keep looking around for one - nada. I did find a Mosvalve 962 for $120 that I might jump on...

--- End quote ---

I just need that cab and then...  :metal: :metal: :metal:

These ADA amps are not easy to find...Microtubes also less than B200s...
Mosvalve stuff is good, as far as I know...
Do you need a power amp for your backup rack?

rnolan:
 :whoohoo!: Do you have any other speakers you can plug it into in the mean time  :dunno: >:D . There's posts elsewhere here re the B200 output, you can be safe with 4, 8 or 16 ohm loads.  IIRC it delivers ~ 120w p/c into 4, ~80w p/c into 8 and 55ish into 16 so just be careful with the vol knobs LoL...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version