ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Temp "Time Format" issue Fix in Discussions

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: SPEAKER WIRING SCHEMATICS  (Read 15060 times)

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
Re: SPEAKER WIRING SCHEMATICS
« Reply #15 on: Time Format »

Best is to isolate the grounds from each other.

Kim

• Administrator
  • If it's too Loud...you're gonna get more of THAT.
« Reply #16 on: Time Format »

I went back and updated the drawing and info after ordering the new jacks and installing one in my new speaker cab.  Thanks to MJMP  :wave:  for the brilliant recommendation to use the Cliff jack :thumb-up:  instead of the more expensive (and more inferior in this particular case) Switchcraft.     

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #17 on: Time Format »

Here's a way to use Two cabs in parallel - just click on "watch on youtube" to view the video, it's not allowed on any other sites, I guess  :dunno:

Note: This will drop your impedence to half of each cab (two 16 ohm cabs = 8 ohm load parallel)

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #18 on: Time Format »

You can also add 2 jacks (one is different) like used in the ADA split cabs so you can run them in parallel or series.

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #19 on: Time Format »

That's a 13 year old video.
These days, everyone is downsizing their rigs, or going completely amp-less in a lot of venues, so realistically, this would only be useful for getting your impedance to match up with your power amp.
Fortunately, I own a bunch of split-stack cabs, so I can use them in series or parallel as needed. Even so, there's no place around here I can use those unless I invest in a couple of 20-watt rack mounted power amps, then maybe that might be an acceptable power level in the few places that still have live bands around here.

That's why I've been experimenting with building pedal boards that can be used with, or without amplifiers. I'm trying to see if I can re-create that magic tone and feel going direct into my DAW. So far, my efforts have been less than inspiring. I'll continue this topic in a more appropriate thread.

Harley 8)
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #20 on: Time Format »

That's a 13 year old video.
These days, everyone is downsizing their rigs, or going completely amp-less in a lot of venues, so realistically, this would only be useful for getting your impedance to match up with your power amp.

Did they change how to wire up a cab since then? ;)

I could never find a pedalboard that sounded good in the mix in a live situation. I run my heads direct into the mixer, but I have to have a stage volume setup too. Just in case the IEMs are on the blink or whatever....Always have an amp & speakers

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #21 on: Time Format »

It's not that they changed the wiring since then, more like club owners bitch like little girls about how loud your rig is.

Some won't let you bring an amp to your gig. They want it all in the PA. They just don't have to deal with a drummer on an acoustic kit. That's our problem.

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #22 on: Time Format »

Wow, I'm glad to say that has not happened here (yet)

Lots of guys bring a lil 10" champ with them, probably 5w, with a mic in front of it. I cannot hear that with the guys that play drums behind me....both of them are heavy hitters, need some air moving

I played without amps for a few gigs, but it's just wrong to approach a stage and hear only drums once you get behind the mains. That was the impression I got when I pulled my IEMs out for soundcheck

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #23 on: Time Format »

I know what you mean.

I don't use IEMs, and I really like to have the balance of drums, bass, and guitar, and keys if available onstage. Not through the house mix monitors either. Most of the time the guitar is buried so I can't tell what I sound like.

I need to move.

Oh, the 5 watt Champ only has an 8" speaker. If it has a 10" speaker I think it's a 20 Watt amp. Still, a Champ isn't enough to get in a band mix usually unless it's mic'ed.

P.S. You wanted to see my new axe, it's posted.
« Last Edit: Time Format by Harley Hexxe »

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #24 on: Time Format »

I know one guy who told me his was 5w, he must've had the 8"

There's another guy, travels with a top 40 band that has no permanent members, all hired guns. He uses one too, with a BIG pedal board, which looks kinda hilarious

IEMs: I love them for singing, hate them for playing. Sometimes, I pull one out and leave the one in that is closest to the drums
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up