ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Temp "Time Format" issue Fix in Discussions

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Chorus issues.  (Read 34878 times)

vansinn

Re: Chorus issues.
« Reply #30 on: Time Format »

You're located in the US where there's a lot of HAM stuff going on, so I'd suggest looking up the local HAM club, and see if they could help you with an affordable scope.
An older Tektronic 10 MHz dual channel or similar thingy is all you need..

I agree with MJMP on the cheap DIY kits - I looked into those too. The more expensive ones could be ok, but there's always the issue with how to calibrate them, as those most always displays data on a PC via USB, and as such.. how accurately do they render data on the screen.. :dunno:
« Last Edit: Time Format by vansinn »

Richie_B

« Reply #31 on: Time Format »

Hi Van, I'm in Melbourne Australia. Not all that common  here, for a reasonable price anyway.
Guitars: Fernandes ST 40, FST 125, Fernandes TEJ LTD ED and a Vortex. Chapman ML3 Pro Modern.

ADA MP1, ENGL E530, ENGL 840/50 Power amp, Carvin X100B, 2X12 cab.

vansinn

« Reply #32 on: Time Format »

Aw, sorry 'bout that mistake, mate; thought you were in the US..
Never take an Aussie for anything else, might risk getting shirt-fronted :nono:

Hehe, same thing with crazy Cannucks.
One night I heard noises from our motor cycle parking. A nice girl returning from party quite a Bit drunk had fallen in love with a Harley, and were sitting on it taking selfies.
I opened my window, we had a chat, and I asked which state are you from.
I'm Canadian, what the fck else would I be.. :lol:

Which of curse has nothing to do with chorus or scoping it out, but then again, there's so much weirdness going on here anyways, so.. :dunno:

EDIT: Just did a brief search on "melbourne home radio amateur HAM" - seemingly a fair amount of links; you just might get lucky..
« Last Edit: Time Format by vansinn »

Richie_B

« Reply #33 on: Time Format »

Depending on the part of the world, we get mistaken for New Zealand or even UK.. I don't get it. :) Regarding the HAM links, definitely worth a look. Not having this noise sorted is getting beyond a joke, I've had to just walk away from it a few times. I've also been wondering what else it could be.
Guitars: Fernandes ST 40, FST 125, Fernandes TEJ LTD ED and a Vortex. Chapman ML3 Pro Modern.

Richie_B

« Reply #34 on: Time Format »

Ok so i asked locally in the musicians group regarding a scope, explained what it was for. They basically said dont touch it, leave it to a "good" tech to work on. Said I could end up with fried junk...  So that was pointless :)

vansinn

« Reply #35 on: Time Format »

Yeah well, they may not be techies, and as such could be right - but you're surrounded by tech freaks in here, so.. ;)
Touching electronics with an isolated scope probe is rather limited in terms of potential damage.
Try the HAMsters and see what happens.
I would like to help out, but just too many things going on here..

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #36 on: Time Format »

I picked up some things from my tech today, I asked to him to look out for a scope for you, I'll let you know if he turns something up.  I also talked to him about getting into ADA repairs so we can have someone local.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #37 on: Time Format »

I picked up some things from my tech today, I asked to him to look out for a scope for you, I'll let you know if he turns something up.  I also talked to him about getting into ADA repairs so we can have someone local.

Just hope he doesn't roll your ADA gear off the bench like he did your Marshall head, they won't hold up to that as well  :facepalm:
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #38 on: Time Format »

Yeah that surprised me   :dunno: wtf, although I ended up with a new pair of EL34s for free.  He's a nice guy and seems quite good, he also works on keyboards etc so should also be good with the digital switching (that's the hope anyway).

Richie_B

« Reply #39 on: Time Format »

Cheers mate, very much appreciated. I've been keeping an eye out everyday and still no luck. Once this one does get sorted, I'll look at tracking down another and do the 3.666 mod, but that's some time off.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #40 on: Time Format »

Bummer, well I spose there are techs and TECHs...  :facepalm: .  Allot of the bread and butter work is probably relatively straight forward  :dunno: .  When Pro Audio started importing ADA gear they had a really great tech (really nice guy and electrical genius..satellite engineer I think) I tried to chase him up quite a while ago, IIRC he'd passed away.
After lots of chats with the guy I'm using at the moment, I think he'll have a big learning curve to get his head around ADA preamps, but we'll see.  If I can get him keen (and that's my plan  >:D ), I thinks he's up to it. (hope springs eternal LoL).

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #41 on: Time Format »

Richard,

Even if he gets stuck with something, you could always refer him to our resident ADA Guru, MJMP :thumb-up: He can fix ANYTHING!
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #42 on: Time Format »

Hey Harley, that's my plan  :thumb-up: .  Also all the mods have instructions etc so anyone in this part of the world who wants something done but isn't into doing it themselves could have him do it. Anyway see how it goes.

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #43 on: Time Format »

Maybe one of these may be interesting for you

http://www.owon.com.hk/products_info.asp?ParentID=79&SortID=81&ProID=175#sthash.HJBObrjN.dpbs

Richie_B

« Reply #44 on: Time Format »

If you think it will do the job, I'll see if I can find one at a good price.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up