ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Temp "Time Format" issue Fix in Discussions

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Chorus issues.  (Read 34876 times)

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
Re: Chorus issues.
« Reply #45 on: Time Format »

The only thing you need is laptop or a computer.They seem to be decent usb scopes, better then those handheld ones.

vansinn

« Reply #46 on: Time Format »

Some use a cellphone with a tone generator app for troubleshooting; I guess some scope frontend kit exists to be used via USB and a ditto app..
I'd assume this might not exactly have the same accuracy as a real scope, but still be ample good enough for troubleshooting.

Kindof the useful approach to "more of a fluke than a Fluke" :lol:

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #47 on: Time Format »

It looks pretty cool though  :thumb-up: .
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Richie_B

« Reply #48 on: Time Format »

I hope everyone had a good christmas. I was taking a look around today and came across this scope, wondering if it would do the job.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Hantek-6022BE-PC-Based-USB-Digital-Storag-Oscilloscope-2-Channels-20MHz-48MSa-s-/201749392924?hash=item2ef9336e1c:g:eP4AAOSwHaBWjxtA

Guitars: Fernandes ST 40, FST 125, Fernandes TEJ LTD ED and a Vortex. Chapman ML3 Pro Modern.

ADA MP1, ENGL E530, ENGL 840/50 Power amp, Carvin X100B, 2X12 cab.

DannyjoeCarter

• Dannyjoe Carter
« Reply #49 on: Time Format »

Hello Richie B!
 I was following this thread because my buddy's MP-1 had the chorus just stop working altogether two days ago after 30 years of use! He got his in August of 1987 and never had a problem with it - until Monday!  :facepalm: So I was just seeing what was happening with yours to hopefully get some info for him.
 I will check back  :)
Owner of DeJayce Guitars
www.dejayce-guitars.com
www.youtube.com/dannyjoecarter
www.Faceb**k.com/dannyjoe.carter

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #50 on: Time Format »

Hey RB, seems I missed your response, but the that scope looks good for what you need it, sample rate is a bit low but for the rest it looks okay.

@Danny, di you go through this topic? did you try some of the things to try out?

DannyjoeCarter

• Dannyjoe Carter
« Reply #51 on: Time Format »

@Danny, di you go through this topic? did you try some of the things to try out?

No not yet, we just bought 4 more units Buddy. We are going to retire the 1.38 anyway so we won't really do much more with that one. The 2.00 and 2.01 version have the rear inputs plus the extra features I wanted so I'm letting that one a lone for the time being.
 :D
Owner of DeJayce Guitars
www.dejayce-guitars.com

vansinn

« Reply #52 on: Time Format »

OT: Geez, four more.. careful you don't end up like the guy on Youtube with six Lexicon MPX G2's hooked to a hex-output pickup, i.e. one MPX per string :bow: :crazy: :facepalm:

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #53 on: Time Format »

okay Danny, just let me know if I can be of any assistance.

DannyjoeCarter

• Dannyjoe Carter
« Reply #54 on: Time Format »

OT: Geez, four more.. careful you don't end up like the guy on Youtube with six Lexicon MPX G2's hooked to a hex-output pickup, i.e. one MPX per string :bow: :crazy: :facepalm:

Yeah I know I know  ;D - but seriously I only use one in my rack and the others are for back up, and parts!!  ;D

okay Danny, just let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Yes thank you and just an update MJMP, my Buddy Jason's MP-1 is a 1.38 and not only sounds thin but this one is also the one that I mentioned in another thread that is really heavy in the mids ( very Rockman sounding ) and he now hates it now! I mentioned that it may be an opamp but one of the four more we ordered sounds great and that one will be his main unit now.

So after we get one more in fair condition I will start using parts from other spare units and start with swapping out the correct opamp and go from there and will touch base before hand  :)
Owner of DeJayce Guitars
www.dejayce-guitars.com

Richie_B

« Reply #55 on: Time Format »

Hey guys, I still haven't bought the scope yet. I've still been trying to track down an old real one with not much luck. It's becoming a frustrating experience trying to find the right equipment before we even know what could be wrong with the chorus. At one time I was given a quote from a local tech just to look at it. The price was $110 an hour with a 45 minute minimum just to look at before even working on it and the cost of parts. They couldn't specify how long it would take to work on. I was weighing up the cost of buying equipment over letting someone else do the work.
Guitars: Fernandes ST 40, FST 125, Fernandes TEJ LTD ED and a Vortex. Chapman ML3 Pro Modern.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #56 on: Time Format »

Hey Richie, it's a hard one, in the end it would possibly cost much the same to buy another MP-1 if you can source one. Wow I just quickly checked evilbay, crap the prices are out there to get it to Oz... (hey DjC, have you got any good ones (since you are acquiring so many) to send our way for a decent price?)  For less than that money you could ship it to MJMP to fix (which is a definite option BTW) hey if only he lived here (or you lived there LoL).

If you want I can get my tech guy to look at it, I want to get him going on ADA preamps.  Obviously he's not free, but he's also a muso and a friend and won't rip you off (a charged hour of his time is reasonably elastic).  He's done a bunch of (good) work for me lately and been very reasonable price-wise. Also MJMP (and I) can/will help narrow his focus, anyway is an option..
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #57 on: Time Format »

110$ an hour, really???? Wow, that's expensive.

vansinn

« Reply #58 on: Time Format »

Aussie dollars, I assume, but still expensive - even with World-record-over-taxed Danish eyes.

Richie_B

« Reply #59 on: Time Format »

Thanks for the support on this, it's nice to have some realistic options. The hourly rate did seem high to me and what i didn't mention was that the tech also said they hadn't see mp1 schematics in a while but could probably source them. So basically I would have been handing it over to people that could possibly flying blind and on top of that, no idea of the final cost.. this is just for the chorus.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up