ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note "Depot New Registrations Temporarily Suspended" Please see discussions for how to register.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Chorus issues.  (Read 34872 times)

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
Re: Chorus issues.
« Reply #15 on: Time Format »

So the problem comes when it's biased correctly.Problem is could be a lot of things. Do you own a second MP-1? this way you could try to swap some parts.

Richie_B

« Reply #16 on: Time Format »

Unfortunately no, it took a long time to get this one locally. The only ones I've seen for sale are US voltage on ebay. As you may be aware, I would need a step down transformer to use one of those here. Also the price for purchase and then shipping, just for parts would be a bit high.
Guitars: Fernandes ST 40, FST 125, Fernandes TEJ LTD ED and a Vortex. Chapman ML3 Pro Modern.

ADA MP1, ENGL E530, ENGL 840/50 Power amp, Carvin X100B, 2X12 cab.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #17 on: Time Format »

Hey Richie_B, don't be afraid to grab a US MP1, an almost must do mod (IMO) is an MDRT and they run on both US and proper electricity.  Shipping is a bitch though  :facepalm:
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #18 on: Time Format »

Problem is that I can't like pinpoint the exact problem.

Richie_B

« Reply #19 on: Time Format »

I've been having a good listen to the noise and can sort of hear the chorus. Its like you can hear the rate change if its adjusted but its like the noise itself is being chorused, if that's even a word. Not sure of the best way to really describe it, overloaded signal maybe. I need to check this again tomorrow but I think that even winding back gain settings tamed down the noise but again, the signal would go clean, like with the trimpot adjustment. I'll need to listen again with a clear head and ears.
Guitars: Fernandes ST 40, FST 125, Fernandes TEJ LTD ED and a Vortex. Chapman ML3 Pro Modern.

Richie_B

« Reply #20 on: Time Format »

So far all I've been able to come up with is that maybe the signal into the chorus is being overloaded, causing it to clip. Ive been looking around for examples of this happening in regular chorus pedals. There's been a word here and there in forumsbut nothing to any great detail.

Not sure where to go from here, It's driving me crazy.

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #21 on: Time Format »

Do you know anyone that owns a scope? If you do maybe we could do a skype session and I could help to pinpoint the problem?

Richie_B

« Reply #22 on: Time Format »

I'll ask around as well as see if i can pick one up for a reasonable price.

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #23 on: Time Format »

Ok let me know if you can find one, I did this before and mostly with succes. You also need a function generator or something that can output a sine wave like a computers sound card.

Richie_B

« Reply #24 on: Time Format »

So far no luck with the scope. I'm even looking to rent one but that is still kind of expensive. Some places were charging as much az it would be to buy one.

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #25 on: Time Format »

And a second hand one? Here you can find them very cheap on second hand sites.

Richie_B

« Reply #26 on: Time Format »

I'll keep looking. Most things are more expensive here than elsewhere.

Richie_B

« Reply #27 on: Time Format »

Still trying to track down a scope at a reasonable price. Just wondering what would be good enough, as far as specs go. I've seen a few digital ones out there, as well as these kind of cheap digital diy kits. The cheapest old school ones I've come across that have been for sale, the seller wont post

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #28 on: Time Format »

Well I see several old 80's scopes selling here for 25-50 euro.I guess everyone is ditching their old scopes here for digital ones.I keep my old scope although I got a brand new MSO digital scope last year.

Now I would stay away from these DIY kits,they are usually crap. And the digital ones are too pricey? If you need help with these let me know (you can always email me with questions about the models and prices)

Richie_B

« Reply #29 on: Time Format »

Still no luck on the scope front. Nothing close by thats affordable, starting at around $200. I did see one for $75 but it was in another state and pickup only. It's frustrating.... will keep looking and asking around.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up