ADA Power Amps > Microtube 200 MT-200

MT-200 is actin up

(1/2) > >>

Dante:
So, I played a back yard party with my now defunct cover band on Saturday. I had both 1x12 cabinets, one on each side of the yard, and I wasn't mic'd so I had a true stereo sound  :whoohoo!:

I noticed channel B was much quieter, and I had to compensate by turning it way up (volume was at 3:00, while chA was at 12:00). Yesterday, at home, I tried each channel independently and found chB to be much quieter and the sound is pretty muffled. Makes me wonder if this is coming

I have yet to tear apart the rack to see what's going on inside....but I will get there I guess

Harley Hexxe:
I've noticed that on a couple of my MT200's as well.

MarshallJMP:
Try to clean the mono in and bridged out jacks.These jacks have contacts inside that control that CD4053,if something goes wrong here you can get some weird behaviour. Try it out and let me know.

Harley Hexxe:
I will try that on mine, but I need to get some Deoxit cleaner. I don't have any of that :dunno:

Harley 8)

Dante:

--- Quote from: MarshallJMP on June 13, 2016, 02:59:23 PM ---Try to clean the mono in and bridged out jacks.These jacks have contacts inside that control that CD4053,if something goes wrong here you can get some weird behaviour. Try it out and let me know.

--- End quote ---

Thanks MJMP! I'll try to find my deoxit to clean those babies up - I just moved, can't find a fricken thing! I'm suspecting it's pretty dusty in there, so I'll swing by the electronics store for some air. It would be pretty cool if that's all it is.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version