ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need a Schematic? Check the Vault *MP-1 Classic Schematics Just Added!!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lexicon MPX1  (Read 11655 times)

Soloist

• Take No Prisoners...Take No Sh!t
Re: Lexicon MPX1
« Reply #15 on: Time Format »

The other problem with that is memory. The reverbs run on a separate chip so you can always run a reverb. The other chip does not allow you to run very many effects on it at once. I can run a great pitch shift but no delay or chorus. Or a great delay but nothing else. So I paired it with my MP2. I run it in the MP2's loop with a 25% mix. I use chorus and other effects from my MP2 and use the MPX1 for the three things the MP2 doesn't have, i.e. Pitch, Delay and Reverb.
« Last Edit: Time Format by Soloist »
Live Rig:
Fractal Audio FM3 ver 1.06
Boss GT 100 ver.2.11
Switching- Radial Engineering Big Shot I/O v2 - Radial Engineering Pro D2 Stereo Direct Box
Power - Live Wire Power Conditioning Distribution System
Monitors  - (2) FRFR-112 Headrush Stage monitors
Axes - Charvel So Cal Pro Mod-Jackson DK2MQ Pro-Jackson USA Soloist-Ibanez RG3XXV
ADA gear: MP1- MP2 - MT200
Studio gear- way too much to list.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #16 on: Time Format »

Has this improved in the later units ? I was looking at the MX300 yesterday and it looked like a good thing to buy but I'd want pitch shift and delay as well as reverb.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #17 on: Time Format »

So how does that solve the lag Harley?

I'm not sure how it does it, I've just noticed that when I assign the Lexicon gear it's own channel and give it program changes directly, there isn't any lag in the effects switching.

That;s what I like about the Ground Control. It can be set up to control 8 MIDI units on their own individual channels independently. I use the odd numbered channels with my system, to control multiple MIDI units in the same rack. This in itself eliminates the natural 8ms lag that you get in a daisy-chain MIDI setup.

Harley 8)
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up