ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note "Depot New Registrations Temporarily Suspended" Please see discussions for how to register.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Glenn Frey  (Read 3697 times)

Soloist

• Take No Prisoners...Take No Sh!t
Glenn Frey
« on: Time Format »

I know most of you are metal heads...including myself but what a shame about the passing of Glenn Frey. I grew up around the corner from him when I was real young. Such a talented guitars, singer and song writer, taken too early. I think I will add "Smugglers Blues"  and "Life in the Fastlane" to my next set in honor of Glenn.
Live Rig:
Fractal Audio FM3 ver 1.06
Boss GT 100 ver.2.11
Switching- Radial Engineering Big Shot I/O v2 - Radial Engineering Pro D2 Stereo Direct Box
Power - Live Wire Power Conditioning Distribution System
Monitors  - (2) FRFR-112 Headrush Stage monitors
Axes - Charvel So Cal Pro Mod-Jackson DK2MQ Pro-Jackson USA Soloist-Ibanez RG3XXV
ADA gear: MP1- MP2 - MT200
Studio gear- way too much to list.

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
Re: Glenn Frey
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Yes another good musician gone,first Lemmy then Bowie and now Frey.

tomy

• "To loose means trouble, to win pays double"
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Yeah i'm a metal head but not only. Actually I'm playing in a country band covering Brad Paisley, Keith Urban, Travis Tritt... and The Eagles of course ! their vocals were so brillants, even live. And Glenn Frey was a real part of it... lyin'eyes, Take it easy... those are great songs that i love singing on a stage and I have to work a lot to reproduce Glenn's vocals (I do my best,but...)

Really sad to learn his death... Killmister, Bowie, Glenn Frey  : 2016 is a tough year
"As far back as I can remember,  I've always wanted to be a  gangster..."

ARSENAL :
https://fr.audiofanzine.com/membres/885047/products/

Zilthy

• My Youtube Channel
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Another musical loss for sure...  one thing comes to mind for me concerning the Eagles (and Glenn of course) is watching a documentary a few years back (Well, now, more like a decade back

When they were on tour, they *still* rehearsed every day, doing vocal harmony practices, etc.  After so many years, they were still working on keeping it consistent, making it better. 

Soloist

• Take No Prisoners...Take No Sh!t
« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

According to local news here, the city of Royal Oak in Michigan, Glenns home town will by naming a street after him. Glenn Frey Drive was passed by the city council on Feb. 11th. Change to take place within the next 90 days.
The petition was started by a local radio station (WCSX)on twitter, even Joe Walsh chimed in.
« Last Edit: Time Format by Soloist »
Live Rig:
Fractal Audio FM3 ver 1.06
Boss GT 100 ver.2.11
Switching- Radial Engineering Big Shot I/O v2 - Radial Engineering Pro D2 Stereo Direct Box
Power - Live Wire Power Conditioning Distribution System
Monitors  - (2) FRFR-112 Headrush Stage monitors
Axes - Charvel So Cal Pro Mod-Jackson DK2MQ Pro-Jackson USA Soloist-Ibanez RG3XXV
ADA gear: MP1- MP2 - MT200
Studio gear- way too much to list.
Pages: [1]   Go Up