Miscellaneous > Discussions

ADA MP1 - Loop question

(1/4) > >>

s2pro:
Hello,
I have some questions about ADA loop, why the volume are low when I put the Alesis Midiverb II in efect loolp? (send /receive).

rnolan:
Hey s2pro, the MP1 loop is designed to take instrument level or line level signals, some like it some don't. My personal beef with it is it's a serial loop and "inserts" the FX(S) in the signal chain. I never used it when I had an MP1, I used a mixer with Aux sends instead (mix in in parallel which is a better/easier (albeit more expensive) way to go IMO).
The MP1 uses a dual gang (wired opposing) pot. Turning it up increases the send level and decreases the return level. The idea is to keep "unity" gain. So you need to match the input and output levels of your MVII to it.
Try: Put MVII on bypass, set loop to 12 o'clock, adjust MVII input and output such that when you turn the loop on (in) or off (out) on a patch there is no change in the patch level (remember the loop is "inserted" in the signal chain). Once you get that right you can turn on some FX and use the MVII mix vol to control how much FX is applied to the signal. If there is a volume increase or decrease, use the MVII input and output levels to match so there is no increase or decrease in patch level. The MVII input and output are global settings however and are not saved with each patch.  You can change other MVII parameters which are saved with each patch (e.g. delay or reverb input/output and their respective mix levels) to fine tune further.  Some like the MP1 loop, others don't, it's a bit fiddly but you can get it right, just a bit tricky it seems.
Hope that helps, other here use it to good affect and may chime in with some good ideas, but above is a good starting point.
Cheers R

s2pro:
Thank you very much for the infos. Maybe you can give me an advice how are best to plug my gear. I try to replicate the Paul Gilbert gear from Intensive rock video. My gear are:
Fender Stratocaster Custom Shop Relic 60
Fender Twin Reverb 1977
(I know that's are not very good for that)

ADA MP1 (ver.2)
DBX MODEL 266 RACK MOUNT COMPRESSOR
Alesis MIDIVERB II
BBE Sonic Maximizer 411
Rocktron Hush IICX
Furman M-8x2 15 Amps Power Conditioner

MarshallJMP:
You can try to hook the alesis up at the out A + B.

Soloist:

--- Quote from: MarshallJMP on December 27, 2015, 03:48:21 AM ---You can try to hook the alesis up at the out A + B.

--- End quote ---
That's how I hook up my fx units. It sounds great and you don't have to deal with the dual gang pot. :thumb-up:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version