Miscellaneous > Discussions

Got my new US MP2

(1/2) > >>

rnolan:
Well I just got my new(ish) MP2 which I bought from WAR_in_D, so it's a US model and I can't test it till my step down transformer arrives (hopefully tomorrow), so more later..  I must say however, WAR_in_D is great to do business with.  He packed this so well, I was amazed, everything nice (looks almost as new), so well packed, came FedEx very quick.
@WAR_in_D thanks my friend  :thumb-up: , no physical damage, and looks good inside (I took the lid off).

rnolan:
Well step down tranny arrived so fired it up and programmed my 3 current go to MP2 patches, all works well and sounds great. :thumb-up:

Does anyone one know where I can get the heat resistant foam/rubber tube spacers for it ? WinD said the ones he had were all sticky etc so I think he chucked them.
I'm also wondering if I really need them, the 2 reasons I can think of for them being in MP2s is a bit of shock mount for transport, and maybe they help reduce microphonics at high gain.

Systematic Chaos:

--- Quote from: rnolan on October 31, 2015, 08:27:34 PM ---Well step down tranny arrived so fired it up and programmed my 3 current go to MP2 patches, all works well and sounds great. :thumb-up:

Does anyone one know where I can get the heat resistant foam/rubber tube spacers for it ? WinD said the ones he had were all sticky etc so I think he chucked them.
I'm also wondering if I really need them, the 2 reasons I can think of for them being in MP2s is a bit of shock mount for transport, and maybe they help reduce microphonics at high gain.

--- End quote ---

Imho there's no need for them at all. The tubes hardly rattle against each other, even if you put the rack on top of a 1x15 running at pedal-to-the-metal ;)
If it gives you comfort nevertheless, check these out (but defo snake-oil imho):
http://www.ebay.de/itm/4-Silikon-Ringe-Rohre-ECC88-ECC83-12AX7-12AU7-12AT7-12BH7-Gegen-Rumpeln-/361306360740?hash=item541f898ba4:g:FLcAAOxy0QBSRPBb

http://www.amazon.com/Brick-Damper-Silicone-Rings-Gasket/dp/B008IDAJHU/ref=pd_cp_267_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=01GG3N5M6D0S5TMWEBXA

rnolan:
Hey SC, yeah I was wondering why ??. And for now this unit is staying in the studio rig as I don't plan to lug a step down tranny to jams. Though I may steal/swap trannys with another MP2 so I can take it out  >:D It has a lovely character (having 4 MP2s is interesting to compare, they are all quite different (subtlety)) but I need to spend some more time with (playing) it.

MarshallJMP:
Hey R

I have some lying around.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version