Other ADA Gear > Step On It!

Broken MC-1 - Where to send for Repair?

(1/3) > >>

aoresteen:
I have two ADA MC-1 foot controllers.  One is dead, it does not power up.  The other one works perfectly.

Where should I send the broken MC-1 to for repair?

Thanks!

rnolan:
You may be able to fix it yourself. How are you with electronics ? I don't think the MC-1 is particularly complicated and MJMP or others may be able to step you through the fix. It's certainly worth opening it up and check for anything obvious.
So your in Newnan GA USA, not sure where that is or who's the closest decent tech. Others here should have some recommendations.

@ MJMP, do you have a schematic for the MC1 ?

MarshallJMP:
Nope no schematics for the MC-1.

The MC-1 isn't that easy to fix,you need a scoope or a logic probe to check it out.You can try to measure the 5V and after that it's ll digital.

rnolan:
IIRC It's based on a Zialog Z80 CPU. We had to write a Z80 emulation program in Pascal when I was at uni, interesting assignment.

aoresteen:
Thanks all!

I'm ok with electronics.  Issue is my bench is not set up.  I do have a scope & probes.  I'll look at the 9v/5v power feed and see if that brings it back to life.

I was hopping that there is someone out there that knows the MC-1 and can fix it faster than I can.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version