ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note "Depot New Registrations Temporarily Suspended" Please see discussions for how to register.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Which cabinets do you use?  (Read 43740 times)

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
Re: Which cabinets do you use?
« Reply #30 on: Time Format »

Mmm, I like the tower of power  :thumb-up:
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Buhz

« Reply #31 on: Time Format »

Okay guys, I was just having some fun with the camera - no, not that kind of fun  :nono:

Here's a pic of both my live rigs (each in a 2u rack) and all my -current- rackmount amps.

One 2u rack has an MP2 w/a Boss GX-700, the other has an MP-1 Classic with another GX-700. The 'amp rack' has an ADA Microfet, an ADA Microtube 200, and my ADA T100s. The Tower of Power on top of my two 1x12 Thiele cabs.

There you have it - a monstrous rig with a footprint barely larger than a milk crate.
Cool pics! I'll try to snap some and post here soon!  More is always better!  :homer:

kawai2g4b

« Reply #32 on: Time Format »

We'll, now that I am about to start gigging again, i have had to develop a small rig based on what I have. Soooo...now I am using two tube works tube driver combos (just the speakers) running in stereo after my amp rack.  Saves me stage space.  On top of that, if my rack fails...instant stereo backup after reconnecting speakers to the tube driver amps.
Pearce G2R with ADA TFX4 in loop.
ADA MB-1/B500B
And other non ADA stuff.

Kawai AQ-500 guitar, Korean Fender Lite Ash Strat, Electra X930 MPC modded, G&L L2K basses, Peavey T40, Fernandes basses.

gatopanzon

« Reply #33 on: Time Format »

This

150 each from ebay  :banana:

kawai2g4b

« Reply #34 on: Time Format »

Wow, that looks like a blast, considering GKs guitar pre reputation.  Great score!
ADA MB-1/B500B
And other non ADA stuff.

Kawai AQ-500 guitar, Korean Fender Lite Ash Strat, Electra X930 MPC modded, G&L L2K basses, Peavey T40, Fernandes basses.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #35 on: Time Format »

So is it running stereo sideways or up/down ways ?, looks like lots of fun and a good sound though, but correct me I'm wrong, but wouldn't a 3 or 4 RU rack help LOL

Darth Infernus

« Reply #36 on: Time Format »

I use Happy Cabs Detuned cabinets. Mine have Eminence Governor speakers
« Last Edit: Time Format by Darth Infernus »

Hymnofotherspheres

« Reply #37 on: Time Format »

I'm new here with this being my first post . I recently scored my first mp1 , a great steal for 50.00 . I was told it needed a transformer replaced but to my surprise a tube replacement is all that's required as it's been rack mounted for more than two decades in a studio without the tubes being changed . This is my first rack rigg although I've owned several rack mount preamps paired with a number of heads in the past .I'm using a Engl XXL 4/12 stereo cab with an Engl 920 stereo power amp . I also scored a Peavey Rock master preamp ( today) for 150.00 , which the 920  will allow me two A/B switch the two pres . I haven't had a chance to crank it up to live' levels yet as I'm still assembling the setup . The power amp was also a steal for 500.00 and it came with an SBK 6 space rack case . I'm looking forward to a wall of beautiful brutality and power . Pictures to come when I receive the other preamp . :metal:
« Last Edit: Time Format by Hymnofotherspheres »

kawai2g4b

« Reply #38 on: Time Format »

I have a rock master pre, seriously underrated brutal preamp. Just wait till you crank that thing up.  Currently running it through a Carvin Tube 100, gets a nice glassy texture.  Add to that a great clean channel and you are set.  How is the Engl cab?
ADA MB-1/B500B
And other non ADA stuff.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #39 on: Time Format »

I'm new here with this being my first post . I recently scored my first mp1 , a great steal for 50.00 . I was told it needed a transformer replaced but to my surprise a tube replacement is all that's required as it's been rack mounted for more than two decades in a studio without the tubes being changed . This is my first rack rigg although I've owned several rack mount preamps paired with a number of heads in the past .I'm using a Engl XXL 4/12 stereo cab with an Engl 920 stereo power amp . I also scored a Peavey Rock master preamp ( today) for 150.00 , which the 920  will allow me two A/B switch the two pres . I haven't had a chance to crank it up to live' levels yet as I'm still assembling the setup . The power amp was also a steal for 500.00 and it came with an SBK 6 space rack case . I'm looking forward to a wall of beautiful brutality and power . Pictures to come when I receive the other preamp . :metal:
Sound like lots of fun :whoohoo!: enjoy....

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #40 on: Time Format »

BTW what replacement tubes did you put in ??

Hymnofotherspheres

« Reply #41 on: Time Format »

I have a rock master pre, seriously underrated brutal preamp. Just wait till you crank that thing up.  Currently running it through a Carvin Tube 100, gets a nice glassy texture.  Add to that a great clean channel and you are set.  How is the Engl cab?
.  The XXL cab is killer as well as heavy , both tonally and physically . Monster weighs about 63 kilos and sounds amazing , crystal clear leads and a thunderous low that's balanced and brutal . I was using it with a Engl Invader 150 for a couple of years .....sonic heaven ! Now I've gone stereo !

Hymnofotherspheres

« Reply #42 on: Time Format »

. I'm in the process of deciding , deffinantly looking for a " modern metal " tone from it  . I was way into Paul Gilberts Racer X tones as a kid but 80's hair metal tone's not what I need .  I have a box around here somewhere with tungsol , JJ and telefunken 12ax7s , if I could only find it ! LOL Any suggestions for tubes ?

RandallRG

« Reply #43 on: Time Format »

Hey Dude sounds like you have been finding some KILLER deals like I have been lately! Looking forward to some pics for sure! Take it easy & LONG LIVE THE M-E-T-A-L!  :metal:

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #44 on: Time Format »

. I'm in the process of deciding , deffinantly looking for a " modern metal " tone from it  . I was way into Paul Gilberts Racer X tones as a kid but 80's hair metal tone's not what I need .  I have a box around here somewhere with tungsol , JJ and telefunken 12ax7s , if I could only find it ! LOL Any suggestions for tubes ?
Any of the ones in your box will work well, as per other post I'd add Mullard short plates to the list (very 3D tube), I use the Mullard long plates in my MP2(s) and they are lovely tubes. The short plates should be a little less microphonic (not that the Mullard long plates have been an issue...)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up