ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Let us never forget our beloved founder - RIP Jurrie, we all miss you very much

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stereo mp1 rig mod ?  (Read 5210 times)

Batsinthebelltower

Stereo mp1 rig mod ?
« on: Time Format »

Hey ADA guys

I wonder if you can give me some advice on this idea , my signal chain is 

stock mp1 or 3tm  >  TC Gmaj > mesa 2x12 . No power amp at the moment

Is there any way to seperate the speakers in the 2x12 , so they are both independant, with independant inputs ? This way i could run both MP1s at the same time

the back of my cabinet has  8Ohm in and  Parallel Out , not too sure what the out is for .... 

Ps : I deleted my Faceb**k so hello to all the ada addicts group ! i will re add you all when i make a new account !   :metal: :banana-guitar:

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
Re: Stereo mp1 rig mod ?
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Hey Bats, reasonably easy to do and is how I have my 3rd (spare ish) Slant split stack wired. You need to change one of the cab sockets to a shorting type jack and leave the other normal. So if you plug into both jacks it's stereo and impedance on each jack is whatever the speaker is, If you plug into the shorting jack only you get mono with impedance half as they are now connected in parallel.
I've attached a kind of diagram in a word document, maybe MJMP could draw it for us in a better program (for some reason MS Paint has deleted itself from my PC).
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Systematic Chaos

• Administrator
  • Blood type: Becks Positive
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Hi,

totally easy to wire....
IIRC the MB cab has 2 16ohm MC90s (or V30s).....
If you donĀ“t need the parallel out, wire it according to this diagram:

This gives you either 8ohms mono with both speaker in parallel or 16ohms stereo
Use a Switchcraft 14B stereo jack
« Last Edit: Time Format by Systematic Chaos »

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Slightly more complicated (and elegant) than how I did it but much the same (I used a simple mono shorting jack, this one uses a stereo shorting jack). But this is if you want both stereo and mono possibilities, if you just want stereo, just wire one speaker off each jack and don't connect between the jacks.
You do get a bit of phase cancellation / flanging within the box compared to 2 completely separate cabs (as then it happens in a much broader space (the room))
(the back of my cabinet has  8Ohm in and  Parallel Out , not too sure what the out is for) this is for adding additional cabs in parallel, both jacks are connected together + <> + and -<>- and one jack is connected to one speaker and then connects to the other speaker (in this case seems in parallel).
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few
Pages: [1]   Go Up