• Welcome to ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear.

Lexicon MPX1

Started by Soloist, April 09, 2016, 10:00:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Soloist

Scored on one of these today for next to nothing! Slapped it in the MP2's loop and it sounds pretty damn good! :whoohoo!: I was looking for a MPX G2 but I couldn't pass this up, looks brand new! My only bitch is the lag time when switching presets. Those Lexicon reverbs are lush as hell :bow:
Live Rig:
Fractal Audio FM3 ver 1.06
Boss GT 100 ver.2.11
Switching- Radial Engineering Big Shot I/O v2 - Radial Engineering Pro D2 Stereo Direct Box
Power - Live Wire Power Conditioning Distribution System
Monitors  - (2) FRFR-112 Headrush Stage monitors
Axes - Charvel So Cal Pro Mod-Jackson DK2MQ Pro-Jackson USA Soloist-Ibanez RG3XXV
ADA gear: MP1- MP2 - MT200
Studio gear- way too much to list.

rnolan

Great score, wouldn't mind a G2 myself.  Lexicon reverb is my favourite, my first experience was with the Lark 224x in the studio, great reverb.
So is the preset lag in the MPX ? (I'm assuming here you have v1.41 EPROM in the MP2 and have set it to "fast" program change (it is a MP2 setting BTW (in case you haven't tripped over it before))). Maybe there's a firmware upgrade for the MPX to speed up the patch changes ? (as was in MP2 v 1.41).  Also does it make any difference if you use the MP2 midi out rather than the through ? just thinking out loud here...
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Systematic Chaos

The MPX1 is known for the *extreme* lag when switching presets...nothing you can do about it.
Best workaround is to *build* one big master preset and then assign various MIDI CC to parameters and map them to switch/alter when switching presets.
The FX-quality in the Lexicon is awesome!

vansinn

Just checked Bob Stellon's Lexicon pages; no firmware upgrade since V.1.1, and he no longer stocks it: http://www.stecrecords.com/?RecordId=417
Don't think he'll do any more upgrades on either of the two devices; had a chat with him last year about possible mods on the G2..

Soloist

Quote from: Systematic Chaos on April 10, 2016, 01:42:24 AM
The MPX1 is known for the *extreme* lag when switching presets...nothing you can do about it.
Best workaround is to *build* one big master preset and then assign various MIDI CC to parameters and map them to switch/alter when switching presets.

That's Exactly what I am doing. 4 main patches, 1 for cleans, crunch, hi-gain and solo's. Seems to be the only work-around. Of all my rack gear this is the only piece with lag when changing presets, not a big deal my ground control pro will handle all the CC mapping.
Live Rig:
Boss GT 100 ver.2.11
Switching- Radial Engineering Big Shot I/O v2 - Radial Engineering Pro D2 Stereo Direct Box
Axes - Charvel So Cal Pro Mod-Jackson DK2MQ Pro-Jackson USA Soloist-Ibanez RG3XXV

MarshallJMP

I also have one and when you switch there is an option that the sound doesn't go away just the effect,but i can't rember how or what.It's explained in the manual somewhere.

Soloist

I think your are talking about the program load. Manual or automatic. In auto mode there is a brief time out while the patch loads. Also the setup load and setup store function can be used to store up to 5 configurations for quicker access.
Live Rig:
Boss GT 100 ver.2.11

MarshallJMP

No don't think so (it's been a long time since i used it),it had something to do with bypass mode were you could select no sound or just dry sound when switching to another preset.

Soloist

I will look into that. Thanks!
Live Rig:
Boss GT 100 ver.2.11

rabidgerry

Does a lexicon MPX2 have intelligent harmonizer?  Do you know Soloist?
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

Systematic Chaos

The MPX-G2 has an intelligent harmonizer

MarshallJMP

Quote from: rabidgerry on April 27, 2016, 11:56:45 AM
Does a lexicon MPX2 have intelligent harmonizer?  Do you know Soloist?

I don't think there is a MPX2 ,there is a MPX200 and also an MX200?

Harley Hexxe

Hey Gang,

I believe all the Lexicon gear has a lag in the program switching when it comes to MIDI. I own several Lexicon rack units, and the only way I overcome this lag is to use my Voodoo Labs Ground Control with them.
   I assign the Lexicon racks their own MIDI channel, and that does the trick.

Harley 8)
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!

MarshallJMP

So how does that solve the lag Harley?

rnolan

Maybe the MPX is slow to decipher the sysex stream to work out what's intended for it ? So if you give it it's own channel, all messages on that channel are for it ? just a guess.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few