ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note "Depot New Registrations Temporarily Suspended" Please see discussions for how to register.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MP-1 with MIDI issue, MP-1 that won't power up PLEASE HELP!!!  (Read 4820 times)

Moshefier75

I have two ADA 3TM MP-1 preamps that are in distress.

My main MP-1 has developed a MIDI issue where after 20 minutes or so, it stops changing channels on both the preamp itself and my Rocktron Intellifex unit. It has to be the MP-1 because I can see the channels changing on my switcher (Ground control pro) and I even changed the MIDI cable just to be sure. That didn't work.

My backup MP-1 is also a 3TM modded by Hairston. I never use it and the last time I used it a few years ago, it worked just fine. Now it won't power up, some of the lights on the panel light up but nothing on the main screen.

I need help bad, everything else out there sounds like POO compared to the MP-1's, PLEASE HELP!

UPDATE: Now it seems to be switching between channels on the MP-1 itself but now it's not changing channels on my Intellifex. I hooked up my 3.666 MP-1 and that one is changing channels on both units, no problem so it's something with my 3TM MP-1.
« Last Edit: Time Format by Moshefier75 »

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net

Do you use the midi out or midi thru on the mp-1 to go to the rocktron?

Moshefier75

I used both when I was trouble shooting but I usually use the MIDI thru to go to the Rocktron.
Neither worked to switch channels on the Rocktron. My other MP-1 changed the channels on the Rocktron just fine.

Moshefier75

Ok, I replaced the octocoupler on my main 3TM MP-1 (Sharp PS900) with the one in my backup 3TM MP-1 which had a H11L1 octocoupler and now it changes both the channels on my main MP-1 and my Intellifex BUT it only works when I change channels manually from the MP-1. My footswitcher doesn't change anything.

I hooked up a third MP-1 to my main rig and it worked perfectly with my footswitcher. What on Earth is going on here, I'm stumped!

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

MIDI IN Receives MIDI data from MC-1 or other MIDI device.
MIDI OUT Transmits MIDI data originated by the MP-1 front panel and Mapping assignments.
MIDI THRU Passes all MIDI data received at the MIDI in port to subsequent MIDI devices.

Dumb question, but is the midi channel set correctly at both ends ? Also do you have any midi mapping set in the MP1 ? Maybe worth restoring 1-1 midi mapping  :dunno: can't hurt?

BANK + 2 = LOAD 1 TO 1 MIDI MAPPING
NOTE: To execute one of the hidden commands, press the STORE button prior to pressing the BANK and number button. So STORE, then BANK + 2
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Moshefier75

Not a dumb question at all. Thank you for the suggestions ;)

I tried all those things and yes, both the MP-1 and my Rocktron Intellifex are set to CH1.
MJMP thinks it may be with U4 so I ordered a few replacements just in case. Opto PS900 was determined to be bad so I replaced it and like I said, now it changes channels on both units perfectly but only manually as the footswitcher does nothing.

The struggle continues...

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net

Well that means either the PC900 opto or U4, seems the UART chip is working fine.(output wise that is). But in most cases I had it was U4. (an 74LS04).

Moshefier75

Ok, great! I ordered a few 74LS04 chips. Funny thing is I hooked it up again and tested it and it started working but it doesn't always work. Sometimes I click on a patch on the footswitch and it'll work and then I'll do it again and it stops working. Based on your experience I think the 74LS04 will do the trick.

I'll keep you all posted. THANK YOU

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net

Okay let us know how it goes. :thumb-up:

Moshefier75

I will!

The part should arrive this Friday

Thanks again MJMP and rnolan!

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

No worries, hope you get it sorted  :wave: :thumb-up:

Moshefier75

Ok, I changed both the PS900 opto,  U4 (74LS04) and just in case, I changed the MIDI cable that goes from the MP-1 to my Intellifex and all is good now!

Thank you MJMP and rnolan for all your help!

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

:whoohoo!: great news  :thumb-up:
Pages: [1]   Go Up