Other ADA Gear > Step On It!

Cleaning MXC etc Buttons

(1/4) > >>

rnolan:
So my new (latest acquisition) MXC and Quad switch buttons are a bit dickey and I suspect need their contacts cleaned. Anyone ever done this, any advice re the best/easiest way to do it ?  With my old MC1 IIRC I just sprayed some contact cleaner around the button from the top which seemed to work ?

Systematic Chaos:
Since these specific buttons are pretty easy to replace and are real cheap, I would´t bother cleaning them.
Old ones (prone to fail after a certain time) out, new ones in.

Dante:

--- Quote from: Systematic Chaos on March 22, 2016, 02:23:41 AM ---Since these specific buttons are pretty easy to replace and are real cheap, I would´t bother cleaning them.
Old ones (prone to fail after a certain time) out, new ones in.

--- End quote ---

I agree, they're easy to change. Besides, the cheap plastic housing will probably crack as you're cleaning it.

MarshallJMP:
Well you can spray some contact cleaner between the button and the housing on top and it will work for a while but it will come back.Your stuff is almost finished,if you want i can send some buttons along with the rest?

rnolan:
I gave them a pray and span them around a bit, they seem to work ok for now.  How do you get them off the face plate ? Also the only thing holding the circuit board is the buttons and the jack socket, no other mounting points. It's working for now, when I get a job (I was supposed to start next Tuesday but the job was withdrawn at the last minute  :facepalm: ), I'll pick some up.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version