ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Temp "Time Format" issue Fix in Discussions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Workout Music  (Read 2948 times)

MikeB

Workout Music
« on: Time Format »

Greetings All,
I had a funny experience the other day that forced me into action.  I was having a personal training session (why? good question!) and my trainer asked if I wanted some music.  She offered 70's, 80's 90's etc.  I told her that she would have to be more specific and mentioned that it should NOT be gym music and should have electric guitars in it.  This threw her a little bit (she is quite young) and she offered Bruce Springsteen - Born in the USA.  :facepalm: Not quite what I had in mind so I just said whatever and got on with sweating.  Later she offered Van Halen Jump (OK but could have been better) and Michael Jackson Beat It (which I accepted purely because of the Steve Lukather/EVH connection).

This experience motivated me to create my own workout playlist that I can plug into the speakers at the gym down in the PT room.  Obviously it had to be fit for public consumption so I had to avoid Tool.  Not that they play much stuff that I could work out to.  I quickly flicked through the stuff that I have ripped to my computer and came up with the following play list that is just shy of 1 hour. No need to workout for longer than that.  I have already trialed this and it is a good set for exercising to:

Go with the Flow - Queens of the Stone Age
Hot for Teacher - Van Halen
I'm the one - Van Halen (my favourite song of all time)
Immigrant song - Led Zepplin
Make the Call - The Living End
Monkey Wrench - Foo Fighters
New Fang - Them Crooked Vultures
No One Knows - Queens of the Stone Age
One Big Rush - Joe Satriani
Paranoid - Black Sabbath
Put You Down - Alice in Chains
Talk a Long Line - The Angels (Angel City in the US)
Back in Black - AC/DC
Even Flow - Pearl Jam

This list is by no means definitive.  Anything by Metallica is great to workout to, for example.  I'd be interested in what other folks would listen to.  Any one want to throw in their 2 bob's worth?

Mike.
I don't feel tardy!

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
Re: Workout Music
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

I could certainly use some exercise LOL, I find AC/DC makes me drive faster, not sure what I'd listen to in a gym.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
Re: Workout Music
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Don't frown people, but..................

the Rocky IV soundtrack!!!!!!!!!!  May be not some of the ballads on there lol  ^-^
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010
Pages: [1]   Go Up