ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note "Depot New Registrations Temporarily Suspended" Please see discussions for how to register.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Noise between my Lexicon MPX G-2 and my MP-1 with effects before the preamp  (Read 10280 times)

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

Hey MJMP, definitely they (wah, comp) should come first. but digital delay/reverb should come after and be mixed into the analogue path. My take on the 4 cable thing is MP1/2 A/B into digital (analogue) fx L/R fx out > pweramp > cabs (chain through method). But maybe the Lexicon lets you patch in and out of it at various points ? I'm not familliar with it. But from what El posted, the Lex is being the centre of the universe instead of the ADA (so MP1 in Lex loop (being a (very good) distortion pedal)), not that that's wrong, but all your gain structure gets usurped by the Lex. So the best of both worlds, Guit > Lex, Lex send (with wah and comp) > MP1, MP1 A/B > desk/mixer > poweramp > cabs, MP1 headphone out to Lex retrns, Lex out L/R to desk/mixer. This will work I think ? but interesting sorting out the gain structure.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

El Chiguete

As you say now the Lex is kind of the center of the universe but that will change when I get the mixer... actually I will run the MP-1 outs in to the Lex hoping that the GREAT chorus of the MP-1 will work well in stereo in to the Lex.

After all of this latest connections experiment I came up with a crazy idea, to build or buy a MIDI or relay looper to go either straight to the MP-1 or to pass thru the Lex input when needed. MIDI would be great but I believe I could build a relay switcher for a lot less and I can control that with the Lex because it has 2 build in relays to change for example channels in an amp! I believe this would work http://www.geofex.com/article_folders/rmtswtch/rmtsw.htm no?

BTW if you know of a something like this that I can just buy instead of build (and not be a $300 dollar pedal) let me know.
« Last Edit: Time Format by El Chiguete »
Before you see the light, you must die!!!

'87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
'81 Kramer Pacer Standard
custom made Les Paul
ADA MP1
Rane MPE 28
Lexicon MPX-G2
Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!

AFFA
Support Your Local 81

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net

EC, i cheked the manual and there are no internal relays in the G2,so what you want to do won't work.Only the R2 (midi footpedal) has these relays.

El Chiguete

Yeha well I have the R2 also.
Before you see the light, you must die!!!

'87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
'81 Kramer Pacer Standard
custom made Les Paul
ADA MP1
Rane MPE 28
Lexicon MPX-G2
Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!

AFFA
Support Your Local 81

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net

Ahhhhh ok no problem then ,my bad  :facepalm:

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

Hey El, go with the mixer set up we've talking about on the other thread. Just coz you can doesn't mean it's the right thing for you (but hey I'm always up for an interesting patch, and you come up with interesting thought bubbles LOL). My approach (paradigm) is Good clean analogue path from guit to cabs, MP1/2 being the tone generator (well your fingers are really), then mix in in parallel (as desired) digital things that help. There are are lots of ways to use this and that, I wonder in the end if it's worth it ? KISS principle works well and always have an eye on your gain structure.
MP1 chorus is great, will work fine IMHO
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up