Non ADA Gear > Rack Gear

Lexicon MPX G2

(1/16) > >>

McLeanAB:
Anyone else use this beast?  I just got one and LOVE it...

Dante:
I do not have one, nor have I heard one...perhaps a kind soul could be persuaded to post something online for everyone to hear? Per chance? hmmmm?    ;)

McLeanAB:

--- Quote from: Dante on November 12, 2013, 08:08:24 AM ---I do not have one, nor have I heard one...perhaps a kind soul could be persuaded to post something online for everyone to hear? Per chance? hmmmm?    ;)

--- End quote ---

I'll do that in a few... right now, go here:  http://adammclean.bandcamp.com/track/lexicon-jams

It's the ISP Theta with one cab sim up until the key change, and then another... not sure if I like how bright the second one is, but maybe? 

I got the unit mainly for the cab sims as the Rocktron Xpression sounds so digital and a bit harsh to my ears, even though it's the best so far up until I met the Lexicon MPX G2.  I think I like even the bright Lexicon cab sims compared to the Rocktron (see "Demon Test" above the "Lexicon Jams" to hear the Rocktron).  And of course, in addition to the killer cab sims of the Lexicon, the chorus, delays and reverbs and EQ's are INCREDIBLE.  I'll try to do a demo of sorts to show it off...

Dante:
In the mix, I can hardly decipher the difference. I'm sure without all the other instruments, it's more noticeable. Your stuff always impresses me (as does a lot of the stuff I've heard from ADA members  :banana-rock:)

You're right, the second one is bright.

I get the same impression from the chorus and the modulator in my TCE Nova System...it cuts through, but mostly by punching a hi freq hole in the mix. Sounds too tinny for my aged ears.

Killer groove tho...Afro Power Activate  O0

Systematic Chaos:
Also got one! I use it in 4(5)-cable-method with my Boogie Triaxis and this setup rawks!  :metal: :metal: :metal:
Sounds best with non-EMG pups though  :nono:  8)  :wave: :banana-dance:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version