Miscellaneous > Discussions

Audio File Types Added and Size Increased

<< < (2/2)

Harley Hexxe:
Hey Richard,

It's a WMV file. I think what I'm going to be doing as far as videos will probably be done on Windows Movie Maker, but I'm not at that point yet where I'm ready to shoot home videos. I may end up using a different program depending on the cameras I buy.
    I don't know any way to embed a WMV clip though.

Harley 8)

vansinn:
I like these ideas, but just to make sure:
Has storage and network bandwidth requirements been discussed with Dante?

rnolan:
Hey Harley
wmv, mp4 and avi file types now added to permitted attachments.  Kim may have some ideas re embedding but it's probably better from a storage perspective to keep them as attachments (depends how SMF and mySQL handle them  :dunno: ).

Hey Van, overall storage is fine, we have unlimited (allegedly (whatever unlimited actually means)).  Bandwidth shouldn't be an issue as opening a video attachment is the same as the current audio attachments (downloads the file to your PC) then you open it with appropriate local application.  Embedded files (e.g. youtube) are a bit different, I think there's a youtube plug in installed as part of SMF which plays the video  :dunno: .

I haven't changed the file size restrictions, but they are fairly generous (well for audio, video can get large...)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version