ADA Preamps > MP-2

Gain delay with Warm Hi Gain voicing

<< < (2/8) > >>

rnolan:
Possibly unrelated  :dunno: but I thought I'd throw it in, have you set the patch change speed to "Fast" (default is set to "Normal") in the System Edit > Midi Function Menu?
This option came with later EPROM update and isn't mentioned in the manual I have.  MP2 program changes were quite slow (particularly compared to MP1) before this update.

vansinn:
Just to notice: I use fast preset change, and observe no audible artifacts during switching, compared to standard switching.
Will do a quick comparison and report on whether this affects the very slow preset change in voicing 10 that I used to have.

Rawk777:
I did not notice any difference between fast and normal for the "gain delay" issue, but since I was set to normal, my mp2 is now faster to change patches :) !!!

p.s. To be honest, the speed difference is not too explicit, hehe.

rnolan:
I noticed the speed difference allot when I first got my MP2 as I'd been gigging with MP1 up to that point.  The fast change upgrade came out pretty quickly IIRC and was important for me back then as I was changing patches allot in that band.

Harley Hexxe:
I've never experienced any kind of issues like that with either of my MP-2's.

Dante, has this issue always been there with yours. or it is something that developed, and got worse over time?

I'll explain why I ask; I'm wondering if mis-matched tubes might cause an issue like this, or possibly one of the tubes may be getting weak,( such as the low gain tube ), and causing a lag when switching to a higher gain setting?
    Does it also do this when you are switching to a lower gain tube voicing?

Harley 8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version