ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note "Depot New Registrations Temporarily Suspended" Please see discussions for how to register.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: how to connect mp1 to marshall dsl100h so all marshall channels works  (Read 3363 times)

robomul22

any one  any help please

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento

I could be wrong here but, have you tried running it through the effects loop of the Marshall?

RandallRG

I think if you run it through the "Return" in your FX Loop you will not be able to use the Marshall's Channels or E.Q.? If you run the MP-1 through the Front "Input" of your Marshall you should be good. This is how I use my MP-1 with my Randall Heads. If anyone else knows any different or if I am wrong let me know?  :thumb-up:

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

You have a couple of choices to make, if you want to use the MP1 as an additional sound/effect with your Marshall, then use it in the Marshall's loop (turn on off as desired, this is like using the MP1 as a distortion pedal, will work but why? ??? ).
Personally I'd base the sound around the MP1....
The best way to do what you are wanting is to run them both separately but together, split your guitar between the 2 and give them both power amp/cabs as required, will sound killer.  Then you may decide like I have the MP1/2s are sooo much better than the Marshalls (or anything else I've come across) so why bother (except for using the power amp stage).  I've got a "72 Marshall 50w, loved it, the MP1 made it sound like crap, and the MP2 even more so....
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few
Pages: [1]   Go Up