ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Lets get Technical > All Things Tube All about preamp and power amp Tubes.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rack Order Suggestions...help??  (Read 10961 times)

finstah

• Jurrie Rocks
Re: Rack Order Suggestions...help??
« Reply #15 on: Time Format »

All I can say is move shit around and experiment to see what tone you like best.

Marshall, if you have an older ISP Decimator hit up Chuck (can't remember his name but he's the owner.) and ask about the mod that removes the trailing artifacts after the gate is initiated. He sent me the resistors and exact steps to mod it yourself. Great, great guy.

gb

« Reply #16 on: Time Format »

great thread!!! as i had same queries.. i might start my own with my gear  :thumb-up:

i nearly went head again because rack was doing my head in .. but its just a learning curve

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #17 on: Time Format »

Hey gb, look forward to helping you out.  Remember a rack setup is just a head but in separate bits so you can select the bits you prefer, other advantage is it's all (usually) line level and rack units tend to be better than stomp boxs'  As you say, then the patching variations can get complicated, the good thing about a head is it's all in one but that said, some of them get complicated (e.g. the latest boogie heads where they try to combine all their previous heads in one...) with lots of switching options.
For me, I started treating it like a PA (just for my guitar) using a small analogue mixer to bring all the inputs and outputs together and "mix" in digital effects together with dry analogue MP1/2 signal.  Then you don't have to stuff around trying to get the wet/dry balance right in all the devices, they just do what they are good at (delay, reverb etc) and you don't get your analogue dry signal ruined by the A/D D/A convertors in each device.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

gb

« Reply #18 on: Time Format »

Hey gb, look forward to helping you out.  Remember a rack setup is just a head but in separate bits so you can select the bits you prefer, other advantage is it's all (usually) line level and rack units tend to be better than stomp boxs'  As you say, then the patching variations can get complicated, the good thing about a head is it's all in one but that said, some of them get complicated (e.g. the latest boogie heads where they try to combine all their previous heads in one...) with lots of switching options.
For me, I started treating it like a PA (just for my guitar) using a small analogue mixer to bring all the inputs and outputs together and "mix" in digital effects together with dry analogue MP1/2 signal.  Then you don't have to stuff around trying to get the wet/dry balance right in all the devices, they just do what they are good at (delay, reverb etc) and you don't get your analogue dry signal ruined by the A/D D/A convertors in each device.

thanks again mate! i shall be in touch and give you a call for a chat over the next few days or something when i can sit and comprehend lol. im trying to keep it simple but want to make sure i have optimal sound. surely with all my gear as you know i should be sounding pretty good (other than my playing lol) but gear wise. :D

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #19 on: Time Format »

Absolutely, it sound sound IMHO the best there is, but yes it all comes from the fingers  :thumb-up:
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up