ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Temp "Time Format" issue Fix in Discussions

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: is the MP-1 chorus placed before or after the loop?  (Read 8779 times)

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member

Hey Syntho,

The Ground Control is probably the best one for that, and it's very easy to set up for it. I've been using mine for over 20 years for controlling various brands of equipment, and it also has a setting to compensate for the offset program change numbers like your QV. It may cost a bit more, but it's worth the investment IMHO.
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!

Soloist

• Take No Prisoners...Take No Sh!t

Hey Syntho,
      The Ground Control is probably the best one for that, and it's very easy to set up for it. It may cost a bit more, but it's worth the investment IMHO.

+1

I agree 100% :thumb-up:
Live Rig:
Fractal Audio FM3 ver 1.06
Boss GT 100 ver.2.11
Switching- Radial Engineering Big Shot I/O v2 - Radial Engineering Pro D2 Stereo Direct Box
Power - Live Wire Power Conditioning Distribution System
Monitors  - (2) FRFR-112 Headrush Stage monitors
Axes - Charvel So Cal Pro Mod-Jackson DK2MQ Pro-Jackson USA Soloist-Ibanez RG3XXV
ADA gear: MP1- MP2 - MT200
Studio gear- way too much to list.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

I'm sure the ground control would be a good gadget to add but you don't need to, your MC-1 will be fine for what you are putting together, just chain through the QV in stereo and set the patches up  :thumb-up: using the MP-1 midi thru.  I ran my MP-1 rig this way and now my MP-2 rig, the main difference is I use a small 8ch desk and run the QV off the Fx sends and rtns on the desk (stereo parallel loop in effect), which just makes it all so much easier.  Without the GCntl off set (nice feature BTW), you just have to adjust the QV midi mapping table 1 less, eg select MP-1 patch 112 (my main rhythm patch), in the QV I want to map that to QV patch 000 (my basic del/rev patch), so the QV "hears" the MC-1 change as 111, so in the QV midi mapping I make 111 = 000, so when MC-1 sends 112, the MP-1 goes to 112 and the QV goes to 000, too easy... I map most of my MP-2 patches to use QV 000 (eg MP-2 110 (QV mapping is 109 = 000, MP-2 111 is 110 = 000 etc) so just one less in the mapping on the QV midi mapping table.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member

The Ground Control has the offset to compensate for the differences in MIDI program change commands, but that isn't all it does. The Ground Control also sends commands on individual MIDI channels for up to 8 devices,(at least on my older model, newer ones may accommodate up to 16 devices). This way when you set up your patch changes, you assign the program presets to each device as you are programming the patch, then save it in a location on the Ground Control.
    It's much simpler than MIDI mapping, and much faster.
    Plus, the Ground Control also allows you to plug in two passive volume pedals into it, and assign these as MIDI Continuous Control to any device that can accept it. It's a much more powerful tool than just a simple program change pedal.
    Used in conjunction with the GCX Switcher, allows the Ground Control to bring non-MIDI devices in and out of the signal chain, up to 8 devices again.

Chip Roberts

• Anything worth doing is worth overdoing.
    • Chip Roberts Official

Slightly off-topic; I have a Ground Control 7, a more primitive version of the Ground Control and wouldn't mind a power source with a longer, y'know, cable?  Will any power supply work as long as the voltage lines up or is it like the Midiverb and you have to order one special?
Rack of Death:
MP1 v2.01/Roland GP8/Boss NS50/ADA B200s

Pedalboard:
Boss TU2, Mooer Pitchbox, Boss BF2, Boss CE5, MXR EVH Phase 90, Behringer HB01 Wah/ART X15 Ultrafoot/

Cabinet:
Custom 2X12 with WGS Retro 30/HM75

Syntho

There was another floorboard system that I can't remember the name of. It had audio inputs and outputs, so it was a patchbay and switching amps and FX could be done with the press of a single switch. I remember it being nearly $1000 used back in the day. Anyone know the name?

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member

You're talking about the GCX Loop Switcher.

You can also use the GCX, connected via MIDI cable to the Ground Control to supply power to the Ground Control. A regular 5-pin MIDI cable is all that's needed.

I never heard of a Ground Control 7, but mine is the original version with two rows of black buttons. I bought it when only V.1 was out, then ordered the IC upgrade when V-2 came out.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

While the GC would no doubt be good, and yes may to some extent make the mapping easier  :dunno: , it's not required so no need to spend any money (unless you want to), neither the MP1 or QV have midi continuous control (CC) so the passive CC pedals will be of no use with your current units. hey CC is great if your unit(s) support it (eg MP2 and later Fx units like GMaj2).  The mapping is easy and just has to be done in the QV as I  described it.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up