ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Lets get Technical > All Things Tube All about preamp and power amp Tubes.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bitchy Mistress: The guitar you wanted to love, but for practical reasons...  (Read 8302 times)

WickerMan

The overall feeling of it. I ended up selling it because it is too heavy.
I am still on my first step playing guitar again after a back injury 4 years ago, relearning is a slow process, so I wanted it to go to a good home and be use instead of sitting in its case waiting.

rickeb1

Back in the day, I bought a used Gibson Firebird mostly because one of my guitar idols at the time (Johnny Winter) was playing one.  Loved the look, loved the feel of the neck, didn't really love the tone of the pickups.  Could have changed the pickups I guess, but the deal-breaker was the weight - it was SOOOO freakin' heavy!  Eventually traded it for some other gear, bought a Carvin DC150 (with stereo, coil switches) and have been playing it ever since.  Installed a Suhr DSH+ in the bridge position, but otherwise left it stock.  I keep thinking of buying a better guitar, but honestly, the neck plays great and I get all of the tones I need from it, so I've just kept playing it!

~ Rick

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

My Anderson Pro Amm has a bass wood body so just enough weight (such a nice guitar.. absolutely worth the $s' I paid $3.5k way back ~25 years), my profile tele, is a bit heavier, but both (well all my guitars ~ 8 I think?) I've kind of bonded with.  I've done a gig or 2 with a Less Paul, man they weigh allot.. I'm sure you get used to them... Go MikeB... the Mistress, it/she? came up well with a good setup  >:D
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up