ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Let us never forget our beloved founder - RIP Jurrie, we all miss you very much

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hi there!  (Read 5886 times)

Die Young

Hi there!
« on: Time Format »

Hi there, guys!

My name is Konstantin :) I'm 21, live in Russia, Moscow.

I love all that is 80-s - music, guitars, sound, films, etc, so ADA is a great choice for me, 80-s classics :thumb-up:
I've been using ADA gear for 2 years. Since that time MP-1 (no mods) is the core of my guitar sound. Finally decided to sign in :)

Hope to find here other 80-s and ADA lovers.

My current rig:
« Last Edit: Time Format by Die Young »

RandallRG

Re: Hi there!
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Konstantin hey Dude welcome to the Depot! I am with you I am a Major M-E-T-A-L Head & grew up on 80's Hair Metal  :metal: The MP-1 is a KILLER unit & does 80's "Hair" great! I don't think you will have a issue finding some more Dudes who love their MP-1! Enjoy the site Buddy it's a great one with many very helpful people who are ALWAYS willing to help you out!  LONG LIVE THE M-E-T-A-L! Take it easy...Steve  :metal:
« Last Edit: Time Format by RandallRG »

Die Young

« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Konstantin hey Dude welcome to the Depot! I am with you I am a Major M-E-T-A-L Head & grew up on 80's Hair Metal  :metal: The MP-1 is a KILLER unit & does 80's "Hair" great! I don't think you will have a issue finding some more Dudes who love their MP-1! Enjoy the site Buddy it's a great one with many very helpful people who are ALWAYS willing to help you out!  LONG LIVE THE M-E-T-A-L! Take it easy...Steve  :metal:

Thanx for a warm welcome! I love 80-s metal too,much more than modern, you know ;)
I mostly play heavy/speed/thrash stuff.. MP-1 is a great unit.

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Welcome Konstantin!!

Nice to have you aboard. You have a tidy rig there, looks to be very capable of great things. Please don't be shy, ask questions, share experiences (well, some  :nono: ) :lol:

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

Hey Die Young, welcome to the Depot, interestingly your handle Die Young is the title of a song I wrote (quite a while ago).  Lots of ADA lovers here  :thumb-up:   Are you running your rig (pic) in stereo or mono ?  If mono try running it in stereo if you can (amp/speakers) sounds much better... :whoohoo!:
Cheers Richard
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Die Young

« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

Welcome Konstantin!!

Nice to have you aboard. You have a tidy rig there, looks to be very capable of great things. Please don't be shy, ask questions, share experiences (well, some  :nono: ) :lol:

Yes, i think these units can kick some ass  :thumb-up: I finished the rig just a few days ago  8)

Hey Die Young, welcome to the Depot, interestingly your handle Die Young is the title of a song I wrote (quite a while ago).  Lots of ADA lovers here  :thumb-up:   Are you running your rig (pic) in stereo or mono ?  If mono try running it in stereo if you can (amp/speakers) sounds much better... :whoohoo!:
Cheers Richard

Hi Richard!
There's also a song by Black Sabbath called Die Young ;) Love this song!
I run rig in stereo. MP-1 in mono, than it goes through FX-unit and then in a 2-channel power amp in stereo. That's why there are 2 1x12 cabs.

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

Personally, I've been using Two 1x12 cabs since the 90s. I don't know why more guys don't try it, they sound HUGE in stereo and it's a lot less to carry around.  :dunno:

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #7 on: Time Format »

(I run rig in stereo. MP-1 in mono, than it goes through FX-unit and then in a 2-channel power amp in stereo. That's why there are 2 1x12 cabs.)
So is the FX mono in only ? and stereo out ? like the old Yamaha SPX90 (still got one of these), if the FX is stereo in you can go stereo all the way and benifit from the MP1 stereo chorus etc, I generally turn the chorus rate to 0.0 and depth to 100 (when I don't want chorus on the patch), fattens the sound very nicely in stereo.

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #8 on: Time Format »

Hey Konstantin

Welcome to the depot!!!

Die Young

« Reply #9 on: Time Format »

(I run rig in stereo. MP-1 in mono, than it goes through FX-unit and then in a 2-channel power amp in stereo. That's why there are 2 1x12 cabs.)
So is the FX mono in only ? and stereo out ? like the old Yamaha SPX90 (still got one of these), if the FX is stereo in you can go stereo all the way and benifit from the MP1 stereo chorus etc, I generally turn the chorus rate to 0.0 and depth to 100 (when I don't want chorus on the patch), fattens the sound very nicely in stereo.

It has just 1 input, so the 1st mp-1 output goes to the FX-unit input and the 2nd one goes directly to the audio interface, so that i can record ADA signal without further FX processing.
I think it would be nice to use ADA in full stereo, but I don't know how to do this with only 1 input in the FX unit  :???:

Hey Konstantin

Welcome to the depot!!!

Greetings!  :)

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #10 on: Time Format »

What effect unit is it ? and is it mono in stereo out ?  Also if your going MP1 direct into audio in for recording, it would sound much better with a cab sim emulator.  If the effect has only mono in you can put it in the MP1 loop (but then only mono out of effect) then MP1 A/B to record ins (again this is better with cab sims), I have a couple of patches in mind that will work (but depends on what you have) to go full stereo.

Die Young

« Reply #11 on: Time Format »

What effect unit is it ? and is it mono in stereo out ?  Also if your going MP1 direct into audio in for recording, it would sound much better with a cab sim emulator.  If the effect has only mono in you can put it in the MP1 loop (but then only mono out of effect) then MP1 A/B to record ins (again this is better with cab sims), I have a couple of patches in mind that will work (but depends on what you have) to go full stereo.

The FX-unit is Roland GP-16, a nice guitar processor from the 80-s  :)

As for recording, I can record 2 tracks at a time, so I combine 2 methods of recording. I record one track from MP-1 output directly into the audio interface (then I use some IR's and other soft to make this sound properly) and another track is recorded by microphone frome one of the cabs (this signal is already processed by the fx unit).
Pages: [1]   Go Up