ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Temp "Time Format" issue Fix in Discussions

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: What to buy...  (Read 8698 times)

shreddingjoris

What to buy...
« on: Time Format »

Having the ada mp1 is the first step to get awesome tone, the difficult part is finding the right components for it to sounds AMAZING!

Then ofcourse everyone has there own taste and opinion about gear, and since most "modern" stuff ain't what i'm looking for, it's even harder to test gear out. Non the less, i'm trying to find the "perfect" speaker/cab and poweramp.
I'm searching for a well ballanced "mid focussed"lead guitar tone.

Poweramp:
I supose the poweramp should be eather transparant or should accentuate the ada but NOT overcompensate for something that is lacking in this unit, and that is bottom end. Lot's of people want the ada to sound like a freaking head (like a rectifier for example) and i just don't like that. For me the ada is perfect as it is, so no mods for me, and no poweramp that "overcompensates this problem" by making it muddy/bassy. Everything should be tight and well balanced.

Speaker/cab:
Next is the speaker... ow boy this is a hard one...i'm familiar with V30, and while they sound good for some amps, they sound to sharp for others... I would like the sound to be warm, but not like a sauna (in other words warm BUT balanced, so the high end isn't muffled away).
Maybe some kind of marshall cab... i don't know... some marshall cabs sound a bit to "british", and i like a smooth lead tone. Then again i'm sur there are marshall cabs that sound great (just haven't tried them).
Cab modelers are ok, but still makes me want to hear the "real thing".

Then there are these BBE's i heard about. Seems like these scoop the mids and even the bass and treble. I'm not sure if i want that, but then again i haven't tried one. Lot's of crappy demo's on youtube, and NO the sound compression of youtube is not an excuse, when something sucks, it sucks. Even thou people can dial in "bad tones", mostly the overall sound of certain gear is noticable after i browsed true hunderds of video's. And mostly i'm right about my own opinion of a certain piece of gear when first hearing it online, liking it and then buying it.

So in the end i would like NOT to spend/waste money on gear i'm not 100% satisfied with. This is almost mission impossible, but then again this is the ADA forum, so people who like the (unmodded) ADA might understand what tone i'm looking for ;-).
« Last Edit: Time Format by shreddingjoris »

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
Re: What to buy...
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Hey Joris

You're from belgium right?If you want you can always come to my place to check some things out.Got alot of stuff.I have a BBE,alot of poweramps (mostly ADA's and marshalls) and i have 6 marshall cabs with different speakers (V30,12G 65,12GT75 and old one with greenbacks) and 2 ADA cabs with 12G50's.An ADA microcab,a paimer and a ADA ampulator cabsims.
« Last Edit: Time Format by MarshallJMP »

RandallRG

« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Joris....Sounds like a plan that Marshall is offering to you Dude. First of all it's not often you have someone close to you especially with a MP-1 & alot of gear to try out to go with it.  :thumb-up:

shreddingjoris

« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Wow, that would be perfect! And yes i'm from Belgium, so just pm (or mail me) whenever u got the time  :thumb-up:! Thanks!

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

Send me an email,i'm at work for the moment.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

If you end up liking MJMPs ADA T100s (all tube) then the Carvin TS100 is a very good modern equivalent (and half the weight), I've been enjoying mine. My favourite though is an ADA B200s.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

darralld

« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

Don't go to MJMP's. From the pics I've seen he doesn't have anything good to jam through...LOL

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #7 on: Time Format »

Don't go to MJMP's. From the pics I've seen he doesn't have anything good to jam through...LOL

:lol:

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #8 on: Time Format »

:facepalm:  ;D

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #9 on: Time Format »

Yeah right, from the pics you won't be able to decide where to start  :dunno: LOL

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #10 on: Time Format »

Yeah right, from the pics you won't be able to decide where to start  :dunno: LOL

I usually go from left to right  :lol:

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #11 on: Time Format »

How long does the round trip take ?  >:D

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #12 on: Time Format »

Usually a few days.  :lol:

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #13 on: Time Format »

Hey MJMP Lots of fun.. particularly with all the setups you have  :facepalm: , you could try a decent FOH console (with lots of sends) and bring it all together, use the channel mutes or sub groups to flick between setups/poweramps, desk send/returns for gadgets..... or make a patch panel.. It all works so much better and easier with a good desk (seriously), partly why I want to do a tube desk....make it even better...

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #14 on: Time Format »

Oh and BTW, you can plug any of your MP1/MP1 3TM s etc through the effects return of any of your MP2s (IIRC you have 3 ?) and take the cab sim outs to a desk, I tried it, it works a treat  >:D .
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up