ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Temp "Time Format" issue Fix in Discussions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: oops desoldered c343 by accident :-(  (Read 4332 times)

haloinreverse

oops desoldered c343 by accident :-(
« on: Time Format »

I accidentally desoldered C343 by accident while pulling capacitors for the noise mod, then through it in with the other caps. Now I have no idea what uf/v capacitor to replace it with. Does anyone know?  :(

Also on top of everything else the board doesn't label which is positive (nor the loading chart), so when I do figure out what capacitor to buy to solder back in I have no idea where the positive lead goes. Grrrr...... not a happy camper. :(

Please help. :(
« Last Edit: Time Format by haloinreverse »

GuitarBuilder

Re: oops desoldered c343 by accident :-(
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

MP-2?
ADA and Rockman Heads
Marshall amps
Strats and Les Pauls

haloinreverse

« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Yup MP-2. Although I think I figured out what capacitor to get and why there is no mention of positive on the board or schematics. Its a non polarity capacitor. I went through the caps I removed and found one that was 10uf 35v NP. I'm assuming that means "non-polarity". So I'm quite confident now that's what I need to get to replace it and that's the one I removed by accident.

This is my first time doing anything like this so I'm extremely nervous. I had absolutely no idea how to read schematics up until a few days ago. Just kind of figured it out by looking through the PDF files. So I've been learning over the past week by just reading as much as I can by Googling topics regarding this. I've done simpler stuff like soldering up my TT patchbay connections with cables but never modifications to gear involving caps etc.
« Last Edit: Time Format by haloinreverse »

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

I can understand your nervousness, hang in there, take your time and you'll get it done  :thumb-up:   When MJMP sees this post he will no doubt advise about the capacitor and may even offer a few tips and tricks for installation.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

haloinreverse

« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

Can someone confirm for me through their MP-2 that C343 is in fact 10uf 35v NP? Thanks guys!

GuitarBuilder

« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

Did you find it on the schematics?  I'm having trouble locating it; it should be part of the tube/master volume stages based on the board location and numbering.  There's no polarity indication on the loading chart, which leads me to believe you identified the right one (NP).
ADA and Rockman Heads
Marshall amps
Strats and Les Pauls
Pages: [1]   Go Up