Miscellaneous > Rants & Raves

Ever get to open for someone famous?

(1/2) > >>

Kim:
So this is happening, and am super excited about it!   My band Ov Moros is on a local bill to support Raven!   :whoohoo!:

These guys inspired the Metallica's and the Anthrax's and brought them along for their first big tours way back at the Dawn of Thrash.
While my band would certainly not be considered "thrash"  (we play slow and are driving in the Progressive/Epic/Folklore Doom lane; we've been described as "Candlemass meets Cathedral at a kegger party with Sleep") :lol:  it is an absolute honor that the promoter included us regardless on a bill featuring some Living Legends.   I had 2 albums of theirs back at one point, but need to get acquainted with a lot of their other albums now.  lol 
If I heard correctly, the band Mobile Deathcamp features an ex-member of GWAR (Beefcake Almighty?) as well.  This is gonna be a FUN night for sure!   Will let you know how it goes! 

rabidgerry:
Raven
Blitzkrieg
Angelwitch
Hell
Pagan Alter
Diamond Head
Portrait (toured with them)

and probably a few others I can't remember because I don't like them that much.  The first three bands I mention above are all that have actually had a big influence on me.  Particularly Raven.

Had to turn down an offer to do their UK tour as well this year because we already had our own tour booked!  So disappointed.  But may be we get to play with the legends again some day.

Samuraipanda:
So awesome Kim!!!

Back in the day we got to local support for a few good gigs at an old grocery store that was converted into a music hall.  We were the 7:30 band while people were still tailgating. lol

White Lion
Winger
Trouble
Manowar
Howe II

rabidgerry:
Few big names there Samuraipanda :thumb-up:

Soloist:
Back in the day we had the pleasure of opening up for: Triumph, Lynch Mob and Quiet Riot. I got the best  tips on playing from George Lynch, but the heaviest partying was by far Quiet Riot. What a blast!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version