Non ADA Gear > Effects

NGD: TC Electronic G-System!!

(1/4) > >>

Dante:
Wholly Moly..my dream gadget....the G-System. Already on my 2nd Nova System, I am a big fan of TC Electronic gear. The Nova Drive is great too (sounds very organic for a non-tube OD).

Some guy was selling this G-System on Craigslist for $500. I didn't have that much, but I had a little over half of it saved up in gig money and I had a Peavey 1x12 tube combo to trade along with it, and he took it. He even threw in a Boss FV500H Volume/Expression pedal!

Now the bad...I have no idea how to work this thing. I'm going to be reading for a WHILE.

rnolan:
Hey Dante, enjoy  :thumb-up: .  I'm also a fan of TC gear, my first delay was a electro harmonics memory man (IIRC they are the early TC stuff).  I have a TC MOne XL in my studio rack, great delay and reverb.  One day I'll try the other Fx in it...

Griphook:
I believe there is a PC-Editor for the G-System available:https://www.tcelectronic.com/Categories/Tcelectronic/Guitar/Effects-Processors/G-SYSTEM/p/P0CKX/Downloads#googtrans(en|en)
I like the Editor for the GMajor2, maybe it will help configuring the mighty G-System

Dante:
Awesome! Thanks, GH. I hope they have a Mac version :/

Only two days and I have already begun to figure this thing out - it's not as difficult as I thought. I have the FX unit mounted in my rack, with my MP-1 Classic in the INSERT loop. I have my TS-9 in another loop and my FlyRig in another one. They offer me two more gain options anytime, and I have two more loops to use  ;D

Now, the G-system is set up in banks of 5. We are all used to banks of 10. As I've mentioned before, I use a bank for each guitar, and thankfully, I only use 5 patches on most of them. Once I figured out how to midi map with the G-system, it was really quick/easy to map out my patches. The G-system patches start with 1 instead of Zero, so all my patches are one digit off of what I'm used to. Whatever.

I had a bit of a hiccup last night, wasn't getting any signal. It was late, I was tired, I hit up Chucky (it was later for him!) and neither of us could figure out why. Then, I tried bypassing my wireless (plugging the cord directly into the unit) and it worked! It was the wireless  :dunno: So, I get to figure that out later.

Can't wait to start writing patches tonight after work. Haven't even delved into the FX yet...just been reading and hooking crap up. It is nice to only have one Cat-5 cable running from the pedal board to the rack & not needing power.

UPDATE: TCE Offers a Mac version, I just installed it. I'll hook it up later tonight. So cool

Soloist:
Hey Dante,  check out G system videos on YouTube. Alot of good info and patches!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version