ADA Preamps > Original MP-1

Repair guy on The Gear Page repairing ADA MP-1 preamps

<< < (2/2)

MarshallJMP:

--- Quote from: herbyguitar on August 03, 2018, 07:39:03 AM ---I didn't like hearing this part:
"The key thing to keeep in mind is expectations. These old boys contain many obsolete parts, so some repairs require a donor unit, whose parts may be on the way out, as well. I have a couple spare units for such occasions, but it’s only a matter of time until the party ends."

--- End quote ---

Actually there are only 2 ic's in the MP-1 that are obsolete, good thing they don't fail very often  8) .But you can still find these if you know where too look. The MP-2 has far more obsolete ic's. (Don't worry go them all in stock if needed). The classic also but less. The only thing I don't have are front panels. I do have the original blue prints of these, so if needed I could send these to a company to get them made again.

Funny thing is he's using OPA2604AP's (like me) and these are obsolete too  :facepalm: That is they don't make them anymore in a DIL housing.

Dante:
I got a reply from the guy, he seems pretty cool and humble...Here is his reply (hope he doesn't mind me putting this on here)

--- Quote ---Dante,

Hey, my man. Super cool to get an email from you. Love the depot, too, btw. Haven’t spent much time there since moving.

Sadly, my personal MP-1 was damaged when I experimented with replacing some of the ICs in the signal path. I haven’t been able to repair it, despite the fact I replaced the older chips with the same types! Really hit my confidence hard lol.

Anyway, I do love working on these old boxes, but my knowledge is somewhat limited due to being more of an analog guy and having all of my test gear in storage.

I love chatting about gear, so I’m always down for a beer and a chat. I’m in north Orange County near LA, so let me know whenever you’re around.

Cheers!

--- End quote ---

rnolan:
Hey Dante, cool, would be great to have him on the Depot  :thumb-up: as a regular.  Please give him my regards, anyone who can help keep our precious preamps alive and well is most welcome  :whoohoo!: .@MJMP, that's good to know re opp amps, you've got us covered, well as well as you can  :bow: and BTW we really appreciate it  :headbanger:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version