Miscellaneous > Rants & Raves

why keep the mp-1 after the mp_2

(1/3) > >>

bunkyloo:
Hello I have  a issue I have 2 mp-2 s that work great 1 was a great deal and that's a backup but question is.. Do I keep the mp-1 for sentimental reasons or let it go as I have grown way fonder of the mp-2 sounds or should I build a mp-1 rig that I will never use. I also have the mc-1 for it that sits, lol need gear advice thanks steve

rnolan:
Hey Steve, well I'd keep the MP-1, only reason I sold mine way back when was so I could afford the MP-2.  I've since bought a couple of MP1s, and, while I love the MP2, the MP1 sounds quite different and I'm starting to think about using one again for some things.  I need to get a MP1 Classic as it's the only one I don't have, so now I have 4 MP2s, 2 MP1s and 2 MB1s (I see a pattern emerging here LoL and I'm not alone, lots of us like to collect  :facepalm: ).GAS it's called, Gear Acquisition Syndrome, we have a thread/topic or 2 devoted to the issue/desire/hobby.

MikeB:
So,  the warning here is: if you don't want to end up like Richard, you should sell the mp1.  ;D

But seriously, only you can feel the sentimentality that you have for the mp1. Asking other people isn't really about taking their advice, but is more about clarifying your own thoughts. Try tossing (flipping ) a coin. Heads you keep, tails you sell. Once it's in the air think about whether you want it to be heads or tails. Once it lands, are you happy with the result or disappointed?  :dunno:

If you decide to sell, I'm sure you'll find a loving home for it. BTW, do you live in Australia?

Mike

MarshallJMP:
I use both on my rack with a switcher. A MP-1 3TM ultra+ for all my distortion sounds and the MP-2 for all my clean and low gain sounds. Best of both worlds. :headbanger:

bunkyloo:
Well yeah everyone has a good point I guess I should keep it around I did have a couple ideas for it. I do have a lot of ADA stuff to show and tell these days when I finally figure the rig I will tell and send pics of the rigs. thanks guys Steve

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version