Let's Get Technical > Troubleshooting Problems

MP-1 Flipping Presets

(1/3) > >>

Griphook:
Heyho Guys,

I recently did the MP-1 Noise Mod.
No problems with soldering/desoldering.

Bringing everything together after finishing soldering, and here came the issue.I wanted to test the Unit. Boot is normal, but as soon as I try switching presets with the Up-Down Button, the Unit starts flickering the presets. It constantly goes up and down between the presets.
The same thing happens, if I send a Program Change command.
Do you guys have any ideas?
EDIT: As attachment I uploaded a short Video of the issue
Greets Griphook

MarshallJMP:
That's strange. Is the 5V okay? Can you measure it? This seems to be a digital problem.

Griphook:
Hey MJMP,

I can measure 5V.
I found out, that this does only occure, when my MIDI-Interface is connected to both MIDI-Input and Output. If I disconnect the MIDI Output, everything works fine.
Also no problems with sending/receiving Preset-Dumps.
This does work for me, because the MP1 is the last Member in my MIDI-Chain, so I do not have to use the MIDI-Output.

Should I consider further troubleshooting, or is this a minor issue, according to your knowledge?

Thanks
Griphook

rnolan:
Hey Griphook, I think you have solved the problem  :thumb-up: .  IIRC the manual (I'm remembering the MP2 manual) says you should not connect both midi in and out to your PC midi interface at the same time, so you have to connect the MP1 midi out to the PC for dumps, and to the MP1 midi in to load, connecting both at the same time obviously sends it into a midi tizz.This is a good one for us to remember for the future.

MarshallJMP:
I think this has got something to do with midi echo, where the midi in is connected to the midi out. So you get a midi loop. This has got nothing to do with the MP-1.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version