To Shave or Not to Shave - Charvel

<< < (2/4) > >>

tomy:
this page might help to take your decision ;D

https://imgur.com/a/PxgS7

McLeanAB:
Oh my god...

vansinn:
If it's a guitar you know you won't separate from, and you feel it'll be just what you want, go aqhead and mod it to your liking.
But, as you said it yourself, may not be sell-able, should this be warranted at some point.

I once had a Dan Armstrong, early 70's mahogany with sliding pickup, modded by a luthier.
Yes, it did end up improved and much different, but had lost it's originality, and of course is unsellable except to that one in a thousand dude who just loves such an untraditional axe.
Had I kept it original, it might've been worth 20k+ DKK..

McLeanAB:
^^^^^^

I know, right?

The price of the Wildcard #6 is steadily rising on ebay and Reverb year by year, but not by much.  And I'm doubting I'll ever sell it once it's modded... if it ends up playing the way I want it to, it'll be so awesome...

rnolan:
Hey Adam, great to hear from you BTW  :thumb-up: .  My 2 cents worth, Mod it to your liking and keep it.  Mod it to what you want, if that's exactly the same as your other shovels (no disrespect intended), then they can be a guide for the luthier.  If, as you say, the saddles are maxed out, then the neck angle is wrong  :nono: , but if you like the neck angle  :dunno: , then one choice is to deepen the neck pocket (as you've suggested).  Another approach would be to shim the rear (toward neck end) with an old bit of credit card (or make a nice angled maple shim (or buy one from StuMac etc)).  This will shallow the neck/body angle and bring the saddles into adjustable range and not require routing (like what you have to do to fix most (well allot in my experience) of fender guitars).  Take it to you guy and talk through the options.  Or sell it if you think some like a guitar that's maxed out its adjustment range.. to me it's bad manufacture/design.
I just did a quick search on the price of that model, it's a cheaper end of town guitar ~$700 AUD entry level (again not meaning to deride it in any way and please correct me if I'm wrong), to me this is similar to taking a Fender Squire or Epiphone and making it how I want (like my Squire bullet strat, MIJ Profile Tele and Epiphone SG; all cheap(ish) and now how I like them).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version