ADA Preamps > MP-1 Classic

Pops and clicks when switching from one program to another

<< < (2/3) > >>

StarfishPhoenix:
On SS everything works including EQ, chorus and master through all outputs but only on SS. If I try to adjust the master on any valve patch it seems to only adjust up to about 3.0 and then no more adjustment above that, also it will still make noise at 0.

The tubes I have in there are the stock tubes and I have tried known working and tested GT12AX7s, JJ ECC83Ss (1G7) and a few others I have packed away including Mullards, EHX, Sovteks, Svetlanas and Tung-sols.

There are no trim pots in the tube section on the Classic, just one trim pot for the chorus which works and I should leave well alone as I understand messing with it will do both nothing for the drive section and screw up the chorus biasing.

The 200v and 15v +/- lines are near spot on, they weren't but that was the first repair I did so far.

I've just recorded a video to show the situation switching between patches but didn't show what happens when I adjust the master, you can hear the adjustments being made when I do with what is likened to a minuscule burst of static but this is only on the master and not the EQ. All the patches I used in the video are set to the same master volume.

Have a listen to the video, it might help understand a bit better what I mean about the popping and awful tone.

(Please excuse the Peavey Windsor cab, it was a freebie and I coned it with 1960s cones from a broken cab)

StarfishPhoenix:
 :thumb-up:

Kim:
Curious.....do you still have the pop and bump when switching presets with a midi pedal?

MarshallJMP:
Can you measure the voltage over R151 and R152?

StarfishPhoenix:

--- Quote from: Kim on August 14, 2018, 03:49:38 PM ---Curious.....do you still have the pop and bump when switching presets with a midi pedal?

--- End quote ---

Yes, there is no difference with or without.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version