FREE CLASSIFIED ADS > Buy & Sell ADA Gear

ADA MP1 V1.38 with issues

(1/3) > >>

Iperfungus:
Hi guys!

I recently bought a 2nd MP1 as backup and of course the seller wrote "PERFECT CONDITIONS, LIKE NEW, NO MODS, 100% ORIGINAL".
f*ck him, his whole family, mother, sister and wife.

The unit is an old V1.38 (1.38 EPROM), battery has been replaced already (no holder... :crazy:).
It has the following issues at least:

1) the plastic thread of front Input jack is ruined so that the nut and washer fit and keep the jack in place with some difficulties
2) very low volume sound from Output B and sometimes from Output A too...but this seems to be an issue related to the top level switch (if you move it)
3) front Output level pot should be replaced: it's not noisy but it's jerky
4) almost all screws of top and bottom lid are loose and do not lock firmly in threads and 1-2 are missing
5) 1 missing screw in front panel
6) power cable has been shortened

This is what I discovered when I turned it on.
Then I was a little disappointed, I turned it off and I started telling the seller what I think about him.
I did not test loop/pot, phones output/pot, MIDI.
The chassis, display, buttons are in good conditions and work fine.

I paid 190 euro for this MP1...and I cannot define this a good deal.
Of course the f**king bastard refused to take the unit back and give me my money back...and he did not offer any partial compensation.
I gave up with him: he's lucky enough to live 5-600 km away from me.

By the way, now I decided to sell the unit for parts if someone is interested.
I would keep the JJ tubes.

I don't know how much I could ask and there are shipping costs to consider.
So, guys...just let me know.
If someone is interested for any reason, make me an offer and we'll talk about it!  :banana-jazz-smiley-emoticon:

rnolan:
Hey Max, bummer  :facepalm: , sorry to hear, this is where the extra cost of paypal can be helpful coz then at least you can raise a dispute.

Iperfungus:

--- Quote from: rnolan on March 16, 2018, 08:50:50 PM ---Hey Max, bummer  :facepalm: , sorry to hear, this is where the extra cost of paypal can be helpful coz then at least you can raise a dispute.

--- End quote ---

Sadly true.
In fact many people does not accept PayPal... :facepalm:

rnolan:
Indeed, unless you know they are an honest seller, it's probably an indication they are selling a pup/lemon.

tomy:
Hi, remind me my mp1 with none working button store (boring for a programmable preamp)

I've decided to fix it anyway... I'm almost there, but it tooks me 2 years to know how to fix it.

@ Iperfungus, take your time; maybe you get the the idea or courage to fix it. I really share the frustration being scammed by dishonest people :dunno:

Tomy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version