ADA Preamps > Original MP-1

Herby's attemt @ SS Mod, Noise Mod, MDRT Mod

<< < (2/37) > >>

rnolan:
Hey Herby, I think the MDRT will do just what you want, (based on how it sounds in Mikes MP1 (tighter, quieter, and more dynamic)).  I've never run anything in front of an ADA preamp (well maybe a tuner), I know some do and it works for them.  Apart from the MDRT, my other suggestions are about modernising the unit and further reducing noise.  Tube choice will also play a part (but we've discussed elsewhere).

herbyguitar:
I weighed all the options and expenses (which would be substantial) of fixing the MP1 and decided the cost and uncertainty isn't worth it. The MP1 goes back into storage. Instead of trying to resuscitate a one trick pony I'll just work with my 1101.
Thank you all for your help and insight.

herbyguitar:
...well. I've moved away from my (being totally confused, overwhelmed, crouching in the corner) position and back to reality. The MP1 just sounds way too cool to give up now. I'm going to go the SS, noise, MDRT route. "Whew" ... that was a tough decision.

[edit] Sent payment and waiting for parts...

MikeB:
You have made a good decision. I've done the same thing and it sounds amazing.  :banana:

herbyguitar:
@MikeB!!! I've been waiting for your input! Thanks for chiming in. I feel much better now. That's exactly what I needed to hear. Thank's man  :) 

Thank you all for putting up with my crazy quirks  :D 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version