ADA Preamps > Original MP-1

Herby's attemt @ SS Mod, Noise Mod, MDRT Mod

<< < (37/37)

bunkyloo:
Sure thing possibly Sunday I can do that.

bunkyloo:
Well I did that patch and tried it through the outs through studio monitors. Was no squeal  Obviously some gain noise but not much actually minimal .

Iperfungus:

--- Quote from: bunkyloo on June 02, 2019, 08:20:37 PM ---Well I did that patch and tried it through the outs through studio monitors. Was no squeal  Obviously some gain noise but not much actually minimal .

--- End quote ---

Thanks a lot for the test mate!
Since we've the same mods (battery mod, noise mod, SS mod with new tubeboard...) but you've the original tranny, that can let us think the squeal issue can be actually related to MDRT for some reason.

That patch has "extreme" eq settings (it's a plexish tone!) and a good amount of overall gain, so a little amount of noise it's normal...but as you stated it's minimal.

What's interesting is that you've no squeal and that's how my MP-1 behaved with original tranny with that patch.
And now we need someone else with same mods and MDRT to run the same test with that patch...  :thumb-up:
MikeB? herby? where are you guys?  :lol:

bunkyloo:
About the only tidbit I can add is it was quietest with mesa tube. A little noisy with grove tubes but they are older tubes so hard to say.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version