Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Hi. I'm the new guy...

<< < (2/3) > >>

Kim:

--- Quote from: herbyguitar on October 16, 2017, 09:46:23 AM ---A mistake I made a couple years later was to trade my 2 ADA 2x12 cabs for a Peavey 4x12 cab, and instead of carrying 2 rack bags I got a 6 space rack. My reasoning was that I wanted to condense my gear so I didn't have so many pieces to carry. As time went on I realized the folly of trading 2 manageable cabs for one heavy beast. The 6 space rack wasn't too dang light either.

How do I find the version number on the MP1? Is it inside?

--- End quote ---

I know I certainly prefer lugging some extra stuff if it's gonna be lighter than one big heavy thing.  I'm keeping my rig split into two easier-to-manage rack cases; once you put a tube poweramp in there then a single rack case gets more heavy than convenient.  Right now it's a 4U for preamp, fx, tuner, powerstrip and another 4U for poweramp and Powerblock.

If by version number you mean which Eprom is installed, it will say on the screen at startup.  1.37, 1.38, 2.00, 2.01, etc.  The most common ones are 1.38 and 2.01.  The early ones (1.xx) usually had the Line Level switch (accessed through a slot in the top lid) while the later ones (2.xx) usually didn't have the switch under the lid.  I say "usually" because a 1.xx chip can be installed in a later unit and a 2.xx chip can be installed in an earlier one.....even though it may not have come with that particular eprom from the factory.

herbyguitar:
Ah. OK. I have rom version 2.1
I was reading in another thread that there was a MP1 version 1 and 2. I'm thinking this may be different than a rom version #.

I did end up getting another rack (2 space about 2 weeks ago) for the amp (that thing is heavy). Had to because I only had a 4 space (acquired about 5 years ago when I started playing again).

Now I'm just playing in a house band and my 4x12 cab stays there. I use 2, 1x12 cabs at home.

rnolan:
So there's V1 and V2 hardware, V1 are the early units with the output line/inst level switch on top (as Kim was saying).  If it has that switch (a slider accessed through the top lid), it's a V1, otherwise a V2.  I think there were some PCB revisions within each version ? MJMP will know better than me.  The rom is actually an EPROM and 2.01 was the last update.

MarshallJMP:
The mainboard went from Rev. A to G, the midi board had 2 rev, the old rev was also used in the MQ-1 but it had different jumper settings. The new rev had the line in discarted.

herbyguitar:
I have Version2 and EProm v 2.01
Midi IN, OUT, and THRU and phantom power which I route through the midi cable to power my X-15

I did the battery mod last week and when I turned the unit on it said loading...'something'... ERROR. Can't remember the entire message. Is that normal? As far as I can tell everything loaded back to stock except the volume of preset #1. It stayed @ zero but I reset it back to 5. It retains all edits.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version