Non ADA Gear > Amps

Trusty ol' Crate Powerblock

(1/4) > >>

Dante:
Well, it finally happened. My worst fear.

My entire rig went down before soundcheck. All I had to play the entire 4-hour gig was my trusty ol' Crate Powerblock, a Tube Screamer and my wah. That's IT. No other tones, really just using the Tube Screamer as a solo boost.

Did the entire gig. Used picking dynamics & the volume knob to adjust my tone, but it wasn't great tone. It was passable, at best.

Not sure what happened to my MP-2. When I got to the gig, there was an awful hum & all the LED meter lights were solid. I shut it off, turned it back on, and got nothing. NOTHING. No sound at all  :dunno: This morning, it worked fine.

rnolan:
Hey Dante, I know the feeling, and it's not a good one  :facepalm: .  So MP-2 is working again ?  It's worth checking the ribbon cable between front panel and PCB, it can become dislodged and when it does can causes lots of weird stuff.  Hey it may not be the issue but easy to check, but be gentle with it.  I found it easily becomes dislodged when you do the screen change (which IIRC you have done ??) because the lead to the screen runs under the ribbon cable and it's easy to accidentally put upward pressure on the ribbon cable when reconnecting the screen lead (harness) to the new screen.

Systematic Chaos:
Bummer!!! If that happened to me I be pissed beyond belief... I'm sure MJMP will chime in with what could have been the culprit.
Say, you still got that iRig App thingy....?? I still have BIAS on my iPad and I always carried that along as a redundancy just in case.
Plug'n'Play....and (at least to me) way better sounding than just a TS into a Powerblock ;)
YMMV

Dante:
Richard, that is good advice, I'll double check that ribbon cable.

SC: I have the iPad all loaded up with iRig, but I use the iPad for our mixer...so i can't use it for a backup rig :/

It occurred to me the next day, I could've had a bank already set up in my GX-700 for just such an emergency and just used that  :facepalm:

rnolan:
The GX-700 option sounds like a sensible fall back  :thumb-up: . At a pinch you can at least get through the gig with reasonable tones..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version