Non ADA Gear > Amps

JCM 800

(1/4) > >>

mqqse:
Anyone run their MP1 through this head/combo, or is that sac religious ?

MarshallJMP:
I run my rig into 2 marshall heads but I bypassed the preamp.

rnolan:
Hey mqqse, run it anyway that works for you  >:D .  The original V1 hardware MP-1s have a top switch to change the A/B outputs from inst level to line level so you could plug into a head (or 2).  The A/DA APP-1 manual has some suggested eq settings for a few different (popular) amps to make them "flat". Another way to do it is, as MJMP does, and bypass the preamp/eq in the head and just use the poweramp stage, some amps have a poweramp in jack (which does the same, MJMP uses older Marshall heads and modifies them so one of the front inputs goes direct to the phase splitter tube > poweramp), I've had my 1973 Marshall 50w modded to do the same, though I haven't tried it yet (as I only have one Marshall so it will be mono).

Kim:
Sacrilegious?   I'd hardly think so.  When the MP-1 came out, I'd venture a guess that it was probably run into a JCM 800 more than any other amp head at the time. 

Use it with whichever amp head you'd like; the preferred method is to put it into the amp at the power stage and bypassing the amp head's preamp section as previously stated.  Nothing wrong with going straight into the front Input as well, but be prepared for the extra noise, and matching proper levels going in and such.

mqqse:
How do you run it like that (using power section only) in a single channel 800 with no effects loop?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version